|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Joe and the Jantones - 08.23.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Joe & The Jantones
Questions answered by Terrell Atrophy
1. How did you get your band name?
Legend is told of a wild, red-haired beast located deep in the marshlands of Florida. It is said this reclusive creature lives in a hut not far from a local village.
The villagers have been known to worship this beast as a god. Our name is a tribute to this fiend and his legion of followers.
2. How did this band get started?
From the twisted birth canal of Terrell Atrophy's mother, a talent festered within. Determined to recreate the rapturous harmonies of the womb, he assembled a veritable crew of able bodied young men to spawn his vision.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Misfits, The Misfats.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Roy Orbison and Bob Dylan, so the audience can decide who best wears dark glasses indoors whilst performing.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Pizza made with fresh dough rolled by virgin hands.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our music is the aural equivalent to years of primal scream therapy.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Jean-Paul Sartre, Charles Manson
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
All industry insiders must wear bathing suits.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The Jantones did a tour of Vietnam in '66. The four of us were on a surveying mission when out from the dense jungle brush the enemy ambushed. Faced with Charlie on all sides, we did only what we knew we could do. With the God of Rock on our sides, we obliterated the enemy with our electric guitar barrage.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is a place where bands both deserving and undeserving of time and attention can receive it, while the fans sit back and take it all in for enjoyment.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Casket Division, the title track from our debut LP.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The sandiest beach or the dirtiest hole in the ground.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Duke Ellington and Meat Loaf
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invisibility, because we all want to disappear.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
That's a negative, Falcon-1.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm a neurotic nerd obsessed with the theories of Nihilism and Existentialism. Now my fans, let me in on somethings I don't know about YOU!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I only entertain my ears with classic rock radio, so it's all good. But I do think the Jantones can fit in right along with the Sinatras and the Davis Jr.s.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Time is objective and relative, time is never utilized nor spared.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I know how to spell the word 'egregious'.
More From This Author