Username
Password

Comments: Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 90 of 236
12:19 PM on 08/24/12
shrem
@Elycean
User Info.
Well, the beginning of the chorus sounds a little like the tune that Josh Ramsey sings repeatedly in this song.

The song isn't bad. Here's hoping that the album has some redeeming qualities after all that dirty work.
12:20 PM on 08/24/12
Liciakasher
This is where the fish lives
User Info.
Well, this sure does exist...

I mean, it's better than EVERYTHING off of Dirty Work, but I'm still..I don't know. I wouldn't turn it off if I heard it on the radio but i probably wouldn't be upset if the car ride was over or my husband changed the channel to something else.

That or I'm getting old and music like this doesn't excite me anymore. You decide.
12:30 PM on 08/24/12
smowashere
I am Groot.
User Info.
I'm pumped for this album.
12:35 PM on 08/24/12
PetitnaindesĪles
Kaneki-kun, BON APPÉTIT
User Info.
always thought this band was mediocre but this song is actually not bad. the facebook comments on ap.net's page made me laugh
12:37 PM on 08/24/12
Chance_of_Rain
Another Emo Kid
User Info.
I look forward to hearing the album. "For Baltimore" doesn't really do anything for me... but I usually end up falling in love with a song that's not a single.
12:41 PM on 08/24/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I don't think this is the single? Nor Reckless. Thought they were both just buzz tracks.
12:41 PM on 08/24/12
nickyrayxnj
The Years Gone By / Nickolas Madore
User Info.
i love it! reminds me of MXPX! <333
12:42 PM on 08/24/12
oneeightytwo
#TGG
User Info.
Really big Green Day vibe from the intro.
12:48 PM on 08/24/12
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
Worst song on the album IMO. Weird choice to release next.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping for this. Pleasantly surprised with the reactions. Glad a lot of people are enjoying this. Overall I think it's a good song, but I'm not in love it. Verses are basically perfect. Really fun and was smiling and jamming on first listen haha But the vocal melody in the chorus is too low to have the power and punch that we have grown to expect from this band.

That being said, I think it's a good chorus, and they maybe were aiming for something different, but in my opinion their catalog (which rarely includes a dull chorus) and our expectancy to hear Alex sing higher, make this one seem "lazy". Also I think the acoustic guitar wasnt really needed and it just felt weird to me. It also doesn't help that I have extremely high expectations for this album and know this song and "Reckless" have to be the worst songs on the album in order for the the album to be a "success" to me.

Despite the fact that I dont like the first two songs nearly as much as a large majority of their old songs, I like them both a lot and this song specifically has gotten me crazzzyy excited for this album. Like this more than Reckless too.
12:58 PM on 08/24/12
soccerlord357
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Two things...

1. Take me back to the nostalgia of when Weightless was released on this site...

2. According to what Jason has been saying, the song with Acceptance that's also co-written by Patrick Stump could do the trick.
01:17 PM on 08/24/12
sjb2k1
8-7, sack orton
User Info.
this is the epitome of meh
it's not terrible but it's not good either
01:25 PM on 08/24/12
dmryan33
dmryan33
User Info.
these first songs are so meh. i really want to still like ATL too. maybe these are the worst songs on the cd?
01:32 PM on 08/24/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
these first songs are so meh. i really want to still like ATL too. maybe these are the worst songs on the cd?
Jason said "For baltimore" is the worst on the record, in his opinion.
01:33 PM on 08/24/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
It's definitely growing on me, but not the most amazing thing they've released. That being said, I do enjoy it a lot more than most of Dirty Work.
01:37 PM on 08/24/12
artistanonymous
User Info.
I'm REALLY digging this song. I kind of gave up after Dirty Work but the recent two songs have pleasantly surprised me...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos