AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

07:13 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
acidmob
So, the other forum I involve myself with is (besides a reasonably small, tight-knit community) dedicated to blends. That's right, spice, incense, whatever you want to call it. I know this is a bit of a controversial issue, even in the marijuana-smoking community, but I think a huge deal is being made out of nothing. Today, that forum lost all of it's involved vendors (at the advice of the admin's lawyers) due to a new law in Florida, and the future of the market seems nothing but bleak. As it is, even on the internet, there are only a handful of legitimate reputable shops still doing their thing.

Now, I'm not saying this stuff is the greatest thing on the planet, nor is it better than pot (aside from the fact that it's much cheaper), or even as good health-wise. But the fact is, the closed-minded, never-try-anything-for-themselves, paranoid, holier-than-thou Americans who both run and inhabit this country just do not want to let the rest of us live our lives (substitute any "vice" that you enjoy, and you'll know what I'm saying). I know what I'm doing. I know that I can overdose, just as I can with most legal drugs, just as I can with alcohol, just as I can inhale cleaning products if I choose to act like a buffoon. And yes, so can your children. So be a fucking adult and educate them. Stop scaring them into rebelling against you, and I guarantee you the situation will be better for everyone. We need to be helpful to our children, not training them like animals that fire is hot.

I wanted this to be a thread dedicated to the discussion of the product, and not just this rant, but I'll just say that everyone is different. Certain things work for some, and not for others. After all, there are plenty of people who won't touch a drop of alcohol, but have no problem when other people choose to. I do my research before ingesting anything, and I'm always prepared for any situation, should one arise, though I have confidence that it won't. I have a good, safe, enjoyable time, with no rapid heartbeat, no trouble breathing, no paranoia, and no problems whatsoever. It's moderation. It's use, and not abuse. I guarantee you whoever overdosed on this stuff did not stop at two hits.

So let's open this up for discussion. What are your thoughts on blends? Why do you endorse them or have a problem with them? What is your experience with them? What do you think of the laws the DEA keeps trying to enforce? Why do bad things happen to good people?
10:01 PM on 08/25/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
It's only cheaper because it's legal, half the shit is more dangerous than pot in the first place, and it was just put out by companies trying to profit off of pot being illegal in the first place so they got this shit to market before anyone could tell them they couldn't do it. Although I am for the legalization of pot, for tax reasons not because I like the stuff I actually make it a point to not associate with most people that do it, this shit just strikes me as companies trying to make money off of kids and teens that want to smoke something but don't quite want to take the full on "this shit is illegal" leap. For that reason, I don't like it and although I don't know as making it illegal is the best course of action it will at least force these profiteering assholes out of business and I can get behind that.
12:54 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
chrislauren
tiny dots on an endless timeline.
Long Island, NY
Female - 23 Years Old
I tried Spice once and thought I was going to die. I was hallucinating and had this awful out of body experience. I had to call someone to help me calm down and when I was talking to them this overwhelming sense of guilt and sadness came over me. I even told him at one point I was thirsty but I didn't want to go into my kitchen because I was afraid I'd cut my wrists or something. First and last time I ever do that shit.
05:51 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
CruiseControl
you're an anti-dentite
southington, ct
Female - 25 Years Old
I tried Spice once and thought I was going to die. I was hallucinating and had this awful out of body experience. I had to call someone to help me calm down and when I was talking to them this overwhelming sense of guilt and sadness came over me. I even told him at one point I was thirsty but I didn't want to go into my kitchen becau
se I was afraid I'd cut my wrists or something. First and last time I ever do that shit.

Holy crap that sounds pretty scary. I've never done that stuff and I never wanted to but after reading that I now know I never ever will.
06:36 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
chrislauren
tiny dots on an endless timeline.
Long Island, NY
Female - 23 Years Old
Holy crap that sounds pretty scary. I've never done that stuff and I never wanted to but after reading that I now know I never ever will.
I was reading about other people's experiences with it and a lot of them are similar or worse, especially the feeling guilty( overwhelming isn't even a strong enough word to describe that part) and frightening out of body experiences. If you want to get high, you're a lot better off just smoking weed. I was terrified my heart was just going to literally stop.
07:17 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
ixdubxi
It's only cheaper because it's legal, half the shit is more dangerous than pot in the first place, and it was just put out by companies trying to profit off of pot being illegal in the first place so they got this shit to market before anyone could tell them they couldn't do it. Although I am for the legalization of pot, for tax reasons not because I like the stuff I actually make it a point to not associate with most people that do it, this shit just strikes me as companies trying to make money off of kids and teens that want to smoke something but don't quite want to take the full on "this shit is illegal" leap. For that reason, I don't like it and although I don't know as making it illegal is the best course of action it will at least force these profiteering assholes out of business and I can get behind that.
Except that there are also small businesses run by decent human beings who actually care about their customer base and the safety of their products. They get involved with their customers and work with them to create superior blends. Now, not everyone responds to it the same way (just like weed), some people need extremely small doses when they start out (just like weed), and then there are those idiots who smoke bowl after bowl, thinking you need more than a rip, and then problems arise, for them and for the moderate smokers. I think it's funny that you "make it a point not to associate with most people" that smoke weed.
07:39 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
If you're not a 13-year old, there is no reason to be smoking "spice." If the reason is because (as you argue) it's cheaper than marijuana, you probably have bigger grown-up problems to be concerned with and maybe should handle those first.

Basically you look like a man-child. I just calls it how I sees it.

Edit: to support my argument
08:16 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
acidmob
Oh yeah? Well, you have a mustache!
08:27 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
Modern Leper
what?
Canada
Male - 22 Years Old
I smoke 10x Salvia every few days. It's not strong enough to make me trip or hallucinate (I've done the stronger stuff though), it just makes me feel really high for 10 minutes and I lay down and have these really productive thinking sessions. And then I feel invincible for the rest of the day.
08:41 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Oh yeah? Well, you have a mustache!

Just to clarify, I meant "you" in a general term. YOU seem interesting, I GUESS.
08:55 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
acidmob
Just to clarify, I meant "you" in a general term. YOU seem interesting, I GUESS.
You don't guess, you know. And I don't seem, I am.
08:56 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
acidmob
Oh, and I'm only smoking blends (not Spice brand, actually no brand, it's made by the vendor themselves) because I don't have access to marijuana at the moment, not because it's cheaper. I could afford marijuana if I could find some.
10:03 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Except that there are also small businesses run by decent human beings who actually care about their customer base and the safety of their products. They get involved with their customers and work with them to create superior blends. Now, not everyone responds to it the same way (just like weed), some people need extremely small doses when they start out (just like weed), and then there are those idiots who smoke bowl after bowl, thinking you need more than a rip, and then problems arise, for them and for the moderate smokers. I think it's funny that you "make it a point not to associate with most people" that smoke weed.

oh really? and why is that funny? Do enlighten me.
10:11 AM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
oh really? and why is that funny? Do enlighten me.

Probably because most people who say that have a very stereotypical view of people who recreationally partake...
12:13 PM on 08/26/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Probably because most people who say that have a very stereotypical view of people who recreationally partake...

Bingo! I smoke daily but still keep A's in nursing school, go to work regularly, hang out with my non-smoking friends regularly, etc. My life is no different than it was before I started smoking. So why should someone disassociate themselves from me? I mostly only smoke in my room before bed, anyways, unless a buddy calls me up late one night to blaze with him.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos