AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:18 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
sven_sg
Belgium
Male - 24 Years Old
What are your thoughts about the new our last night record Age of ignorance?
i read a lot hate about their new album. But for me it's a great album. it has some harder songs, some softer song. And after all it's their most complete effort to date in my opinion.

my favourite tracks on the new record are
1. Conspiracy
2. Reason To love
3. Enemy
4. Fate
5. A sun that never sets

for me send me to hell is the odd one out and has to grow a bit on me.

i'm curious to hear your opinions on the new album
01:46 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
Massachusetts
Male - 19 Years Old
Giving them an "on-purpose" first listen, I heard the song "Liberate Me" the other day and it sounded great. Planning on picking up the CD.
01:51 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
Male - 18 Years Old
Did not dig it.
03:22 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
mbarney82
Male - 21 Years Old
its just a sub par record. i dont hate it, it just dont like it. all the good elements they had from we will evolve are gone. i understand they want a more mature sound, but they missed it
04:00 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
France
Male
will give it a listen, i hope it's better than We Will All Evolve
04:15 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
pepster50
niagara falls
Male - 24 Years Old
gave it a quick listen. Definately different, but i wouldn't say BAD. I wish they kept the heavier side of their music though. Going to give a more thorough listen
05:23 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
Sheffield, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
Loved the first album by these guys but I must admit I only checked out a few songs off the second album. However I was interested in this one till most of the comments I've heard haven't been too good.
08:16 PM on 08/27/12 
User Info.
HCO SF 87
No Avatar Selected
California
Male - 27 Years Old
I'd say it's average. Has a few good songs, but doesn't seem to be as technical as their previous work. The Ghosts Among Us is still a super legit album.
12:50 PM on 08/29/12 
User Info.
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
they lost all the elements i enjoyed, tbh i think this album is boring and bleak
05:27 PM on 08/29/12 
User Info.
pepster50
niagara falls
Male - 24 Years Old
Okay so I gave a more thorough listen to the album. I don't hate it, I don't love it. It's funny that I in general enjoy the heavier songs more; even though i enjoy pop-rock in equal compared to heavier music. I think it is the band. I think OLN thrives in the heavier side of their music. Songs like "Enemy","Fate", and "Liberate Me" are the standouts on this record. "Conspiracy" and "Send Me To Hell" are decent. Songs like "Age Of Ignorance" and "Reasons to Love" are weak in comparison. "Invincible" is just awful on so many levels. I kind of like the inclusion of the synths but the melodies are so lacking its unreal. The guitar licks and musicianship that we all loved from their previous releases is still there in spots. It just seems like they sold themselves short while trying to cater to a new audience. Honestly we could see this coming though, they have been slowly transitioning to more accessible music. From a more technical no strict structure in "The Ghosts Among Us" to a prevalent three chorus, albeit still extremely heavy, structure in "We Will All Evolve", and finally to a rock/heavy sound that is more accessible to the masses in "Age Of Ignorance". They dipped their feet in the lake of poppy music with the song "Into The Future" and they must have felt more at home there, but I, and many fans i would assume, don't agree. You have to give them props though; many bands that want to change their sound do so drastically from album to album; atleast OLN keeps to their roots atleast a bit here. Thus creating an okay album, but it hurts knowing how much potential these guys have. I give it a 3 out of 5.
07:48 PM on 08/29/12 
User Info.
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
NSW, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
Wasn't this the incredibly run of the mill core band that only got popular because of their "we have a singer thats like 5 years old" gimmick?
09:15 AM on 08/30/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I haven't liked what I've heard much. Liberate Me was a huge step down, just sounds so uninspired.
08:59 PM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
hands_of_stone
This may have already been said but my initial reaction was, " I didn't realize I was listening to Linkin Park".
07:07 AM on 09/01/12 
User Info.
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
France
Male
what a disappointing album, are they trying to sound like every nu post grunge bands ala Skillet or Hollywood Undead ? the pseudo-epic orchestral moments, the whiney choruses... it sounds like the kind of band you hear on a Call Of Duty/Counter Strike montage video. i only liked "Age Of Ignorance", "Voices" and "Enemy".

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos