AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Mass Panic - A Lesson in Teenage Hypocrites Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6.75
Musicianship 6.75
Lyrics 6.75
Production 6.75
Creativity 6.75
Lasting Value 6.75
Reviewer Tilt 6.75
Final Verdict: 68%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Mass Panic - A Lesson in Teenage Hypocrites

Reviewed by: Zac Djamoos (08/27/12)
Mass Panic - A Lesson in Teenage Hypocrites
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: March 30, 2012

Mass Panic is "bonfire pop-punk" band from Michigan consisting of Alex Boundy on vocals/ guitar, Tyler Olinger on bass/ vocals, Seth Thienbault on guitar, and Neil Bernard on drums. A Lesson in Teenage Hypocrites is a ten-and-a-half-minute three-track acoustic EP.

It begins with "Freeways and Statelines" which appears (non-acoustically) on their split EP with Jonas G and the Fantastic 3. It begins with a fun introduction before Boundy's soft vocals come in. "Nothing will ever top singing along in Kristen's front room to our favorite Woonder Years' song. I always knew I'd miss you when you were there, but I never knew it was possible for me to get this scared," he sings. The track ends with a chant of "DON'T SAY!" similar to that in The Wonder Years' "Everything I Own Fits in this Backpack". Unlike many acoustic recordings, it isn't a great deal slower than the version on their split, and I like that. It still sounds lie the same song, but just a different side of it. "Comeback of the Year" is the longest song on the EP. It's a fun song with a catchy chorus reminiscent of "Just know I'n never giving up now 'til it's safe for you to say you're sorry". The final song, "Brad Lessi's Dream", is an instrumental that features a country-esque guitar riff.It serves more as an outro to the EP, as it's the shortest at two-and-a-half minutes.

Mass Panic's acoustic A Lesson in Teenage Hypocrites is a lesson in how acoustic albums should be done. Not-too-loud-not-too-quiet, fun acoustic music.

Recommended If You LikeThis Tine Next Year, Transit, Real Friends; acoustic pop-punk

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests