AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 47
09:23 AM on 08/28/12
Peerless
User Info.
Is it the same singer who did vocals on the Sound and Steel EP??
09:27 AM on 08/28/12
1.8Nate
AP.net Justice League Member
User Info.
They're from Fayetteville, Arkansas not Alaska.
09:32 AM on 08/28/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
Not as good as LetterKills both musically and vocally. I don't know his voice sounds a little worn out?
09:42 AM on 08/28/12
DRanzino
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Matt has been in the band since 2008. He was on the Sound and Steel EP and Distance EP. Glad to see they signed to T&N and excited for their future.
09:58 AM on 08/28/12
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not as good as LetterKills both musically and vocally. I don't know his voice sounds a little worn out?

I always picture the person being talked about reading these types of comments and being insulted/hurt or whatever. as they do probably read these threads about their band. everyone is entitled to their opinions though and bands expect that i'm sure. that being said i've always liked the wedding and look forward to this release. i think the singer sounds great. i do love their first album though
10:07 AM on 08/28/12
poppunkwayo
Registered Member
User Info.
i literally just found a sealed copy of the bridge the other day for two bucks.
10:16 AM on 08/28/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
I always picture the person being talked about reading these types of comments and being insulted/hurt or whatever. as they do probably read these threads about their band. everyone is entitled to their opinions though and bands expect that i'm sure. that being said i've always liked the wedding and look forward to this release. i think the singer sounds great. i do love their first album though

It might have sounded a little harsh that I guess just bad mood! But I loved the over the top vocal performance he gave with LetterKills obviously going for a different approach here.
10:25 AM on 08/28/12
mjpistons
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is it the same singer who did vocals on the Sound and Steel EP??
Yep! He's been their vocalist on their past two eps, but No Direction will be his first full-length.
10:36 AM on 08/28/12
AndrewCloer
brokenharmonics.bandcamp. com
User Info.
i didn't even realize this band was still together.
11:07 AM on 08/28/12
Amber4961
Amber Alert
User Info.
LetterKills owned. Y'all need to check out The Bridge. It was like Green Day, Story of the Year and AC/DC in a fucken blender.
11:39 AM on 08/28/12
PaperLantern
New Valencia in 2010!
User Info.
i'm curious to know what you're used to from T&N. this could easily sound like most bands on the label
Underoath, Emery, Secret and Whisper, Sent By Ravens, Ivoryline. I guess the harder side of T&N.
11:54 AM on 08/28/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
Man, I love S/T and Polarity, so I was stoked when I saw T&N finally picked them up. This song is awesome--looking forward to No Direction!

The new singer is definitely different, but I think he sounds really good with the music. For those who have seen them recently--how does he sound doing older songs?
Everyone seems to like the old guy better, but I've toured with The Wedding and seen them many many times, Matt puts the old dude to shame! I don't think there's any contest between the two. His voice and live performance make The Wedding a band I would never want to miss coming through town.
12:54 PM on 08/28/12
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
The song definitely is them at their weakest imo. Whoever produced it didn't do the best job, and the band themselves sounds like they're just going through the motions almost. I love the crap out of their last two EPs with Matt and am still a fan, but this is just...meh. Probably still buy it when it comes out though lol.
01:48 PM on 08/28/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Everyone seems to like the old guy better, but I've toured with The Wedding and seen them many many times, Matt puts the old dude to shame! I don't think there's any contest between the two. His voice and live performance make The Wedding a band I would never want to miss coming through town.
Very cool, hopefully they'll tour through Oregon again soon--sadly I missed both of you guys' bands when you passed through last time.

Also, what's IAE doing now? Still recording LP3?
02:32 PM on 08/28/12
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i dig it, il buy it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles