Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 47.
02:37 PM on 08/28/12
kmy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The "new" singer is awesome! (Matt from Letter Kills!). This band is great and their live show is the best ever!
02:52 PM on 08/28/12
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Riyl?
03:53 PM on 08/28/12
ChristynNicole
Christyn Nicole
User Info.
BEST live set. Can't wait to hear the new album!
05:00 PM on 08/28/12
scooterf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why has it taken these guys so long to record a full length with the "new" singer? The initial EP with the new singer came out in 2008. Saosin puts out records blindingly fast in comparison.

Excited for this though.
06:00 PM on 08/28/12
singyoutocoma
Find a thread to pull...
User Info.
So confused that people like the old singer better.
07:18 PM on 08/28/12
March_Faster!!
まくどなるどなしじゃいきられない。
User Info.
It's about time after that choo-choo train EP they released forever ago. WOO!
07:23 PM on 08/28/12
TRUDYNEWMAN
User Info.
used to play drums in this band. when i was a child.
07:33 PM on 08/28/12
SoHardToFathom
User Info.
Everyone seems to like the old guy better, but I've toured with The Wedding and seen them many many times, Matt puts the old dude to shame! I don't think there's any contest between the two. His voice and live performance make The Wedding a band I would never want to miss coming through town.

This.

Matt Shelton is awesome!. I never got the opportunity to see Kevin perform with The Wedding, so I can't truly compare the two on the performance end of things. But I will say Shelton puts on a killer show. He's pretty much the champion of crowd participation. The five or so times I've seen The Wedding play since 2008, his energy on stage and his voice have been beyond great. And as someone who has listened to the self-titled album and "Polarity" more times than I can count, I think he brings a lot to the table when the older songs come up on the set list.

If you've got the chance to see The Wedding play, go. They'll put on one of the best shows you've been to, especially if you're lucky enough to catch them on a night with a good crowd. I've seen The Wedding play in Nashville to a crowd of judgmental and picky music industry people with their arms crossed, and those people were all having fun by the time they left. And I've seen them play to enthusiastic kids in Greenville, SC, and we all had a great time screaming along with the songs and nearly sweating to death.

As for the new song, I love it. I can't wait to have a new full length album from The Wedding. They're great musicians and great people in general. I hope signing with Tooth & Nail really starts opening up some more doors for them.
08:14 PM on 08/28/12
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
Dude has some serious pipes..wish it showed more in the song.
10:20 PM on 08/28/12
dan.is.empire
I Am Empire / Dan
User Info.
Very cool, hopefully they'll tour through Oregon again soon--sadly I missed both of you guys' bands when you passed through last time.

Also, what's IAE doing now? Still recording LP3?
The record is finished, just waiting on artwork/release date/etc.
07:54 AM on 08/29/12
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Yess, I'm really liking this. Always have dug this band. I thought they had already been on T&N... huh.
09:06 AM on 08/29/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
The record is finished, just waiting on artwork/release date/etc.
Looking forward to it--thanks!
02:37 AM on 09/04/12
brokenwings
Tear the scene down, start over.
User Info.
I'm really just interested in this band because the singer is the guy from Letter Kills. I hope he shows more of his talent on the record. I also really want to listen to the track with Dan from Story of the Year. Two of my favorite singers from 2003/2004 on the same track? Awesome
06:45 PM on 09/04/12
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I didn't even know that they were still together. Not a bad song.
11:38 AM on 09/06/12
Nate Bennett
facebook.com/VinedresserBand
User Info.
I'm not usually "that guy", but Polarity was definitely their best record. This vocalist just doesn't have the range or control of the old guy. And there isn't anything special about the musical side either.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests