AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Favorite Gentlemen Tour: Daytrotter Sessions

Posted by - 08:06 AM on 08/28/12
The Favorite Gentlemen Tour recorded Daytrotter sessions early on in the tour's run. Today all four sessions have been released here, here, here and here. Below, Harrison Hudson reflects back on the recording.
Harrison Hudson on DaytrotterWe showed up to a non-descript house in north Nashville. We walked into the gated yard to the side of the house where the large steel studio doors stood. We met the engineers and then moved quickly to setting up. The main difference between recording live and playing live is trying not to move to much. Creating excess noise, being out of breath or most importantly, your headphones falling off, are things you want to avoid. We played our first three songs one time each. Our final song was something we had been wanting to play. It's the song that made me want to sing when I was a very young child. Playing Twist And Shout was beyond fun, but I surely ruptured my vocal chords to some degree. Maybe just stressed something. Either way it took about 4 days to get back to full strength and I still have some lingering soreness. After four takes I finally sang the words as close to right as I would get them. we packed up our guitars and left. It all happened so quickly it almost seemed like it didn't happen. Like many shows it was brief, and like the good shows it will be a great memory to keep.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
08:57 AM on 08/28/12
Hilibofas
User Info.
Amazing Session! Love the Junior Astronomers!
09:02 AM on 08/28/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
Fuck yes. New AGO songs sound great. Stoked to listen to Junior Astronomers' session too.
09:08 AM on 08/28/12
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
The last AGO song.. WOW.
09:14 AM on 08/28/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
It's not even letting me listen to the AGO session without trying to get me to buy a membership. I thought that was only for downloading?
09:15 AM on 08/28/12
underdawg1119
fghtffyrdmns
User Info.
It's not even letting me listen to the AGO session without trying to get me to buy a membership. I thought that was only for downloading?
Kind of a pain in the ass but you can sign up for a free trial. I had an account before with my primary email address but the trial expired, so I just used my school address this time, haha.
09:17 AM on 08/28/12
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Kind of a pain in the ass but you can sign up for a free trial. I had an account before with my primary email address but the trial expired, so I just used my school address this time, haha.
Guess I'll have to use a different one then, haha. I must hear these songs!
10:28 AM on 08/28/12
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
Hahaha I did the same... I'm on my 3rd email address. If they do another session in a year or so I'll have to start making new ones.
11:56 AM on 08/28/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know it's annoying that we have to pay to download now, but come on guys...it's $2 a month. It's a great deal.
12:23 PM on 08/28/12
loudasallgetout
Non Registered User
User Info.
I know it's annoying that we have to pay to download now, but come on guys...it's $2 a month. It's a great deal.
I don't have a credit card.
01:17 PM on 08/28/12
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't have a credit card.
Paypal, my friend!
01:49 PM on 08/28/12
mattdefillippo
Here's your punk rock back
User Info.
Junior Astronomers are killing it. Can't wait to see them again!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos