easy enough topic to follow.. if youd like, post a link to a song or two
1)Minus the Bear - "Diamond Lightning"
- this song is just perfect in every way. Reminds me of old Minus the Bear while mixing in the polish and feel of new Minus the Bear. The lyrics remind me of better times, and every time i hear it, it pulls me out of whatever mood im in and puts me into a great place of happiness..
2) The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Spanish Castle Magic"
- dont bash me, but i never really listened to Hendrix outside of his radio-friendly hits ... i know... shame on me... I had on my classic rock playlist and this came on. This song just made me rock out like nobody was watching when i first heard it. I literally sat with my ipod on repeat just listening to that funky bass, the eccentric drums, and the obvious shredding guitar-work from Jimi.
3) Maps & Atlases - "Artichokes"
- this song really just caught me off guard. It is 100% math rock, with an extra hint of weird. The style of the song just made me listen more intently, but once the chorus ends and everyone in the band starts ripping on their instruments (especially the drummer)
it got me super interested in the band. I have become a big fan of these guys of late, and this was the song to do it.
4) Every Time I Die - "Indian Giver"
- when i first listened to Ex-Lives i was already blown away. Then the end-track came on and just made me slack-jawed. This song is heavy as all the other ETiD songs, but the chorus just reminds me of some Deftones / Glassjaw roots, just slowing down time and softening the tone. Then they go right back in with the heavy. The lyrics of this song were the first ones i knew start to finish off this album. The whole song is great, but the real kicker is the buildup with one of the simplest but most effective riffs in the entire album. Once that ending came in and went. I rewound the song and listened again.. then again... and again. It just sticks with you..
5) Animals as Leaders - "Isolated Incidents"
- This song just bends my mind every time i hear it. This song just turns so many times, and i find something new to love with it at each change. When the low-tuned breakdown comes in near the beginning, it just changes the ENTIRE song around. It literally made my friend hate the song when she heard it. Then she heard the rest of the song and didnt realize it was the same song.
well... what about you?