Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Intern With Razor & Tie

Posted by: Ryan Gardner (08/28/12)
Razor & Tie Records is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern in New York City. Check out details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 41
08:26 PM on 08/28/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
DetailsPosition: Digital Marketing Intern – Fall 2012
Description: Razor & Tie is seeking interns for our Digital Marketing department this fall semester. This internship will provide valuable, hands-on experience in digital marketing, social media management, and web development. We are an independent label with a diverse roster that includes All That Remains, P.O.D., Such Gold, The Sword, Saves The Day, Chelsea Grin, Nonpoint, For Today, Attila, and more.
Primary Duties:
-Update and maintain artists’ social media accounts, compile weekly social media statistics
-Initiate and write promotional and marketing copy for websites, e-mail, social media, and banners
-Expand artist roster presence across emerging digital outlets (i.e. Spotify, GooglePlay)
-Assist with the development, executive, and analysis of online marketing campaigns including online advertising
-Assist with the QA and testing of various technical production projects
Requirements: Candidates should be enrolled in college, have a heavy interest in digital media, and a strong desire to work in the music industry. Ability to work both independently and in a small team environment. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Photoshop. Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented. Outstanding communication and writing skills. Pleasant demeanor both in person and over the phone.
Compensation:
College credit required.
How to Apply: Please send a resume and a brief e-mail cover letter to dintern@razorandtie.com
08:37 PM on 08/28/12
Dob
partypartyparty
User Info.
As usual I wish this wasn't for college credit only. Being an unemployed graduate is not fun.
08:52 PM on 08/28/12
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
If only you were in Western NY this would be perfect for my Web Design and Implementation internship
08:53 PM on 08/28/12
dannym37
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hoping for this during the Summer.
09:01 PM on 08/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Can R&T just "say" I'm getting college credit? I'd do this for free in a heartbeat just to get my foot in the door. Are there any labels providing internships for recent grads?
09:08 PM on 08/28/12
handsinthesky
I wanna hear some music.
User Info.
Can R&T just "say" I'm getting college credit? I'd do this for free in a heartbeat just to get my foot in the door. Are there any labels providing internships for recent grads?

Try Doghouse Records/Working Group Management. I interned for them last fall. You don't need to get college credit. You can do it just for the experience if you'd like. They're a pretty awesome bunch, and it's a nice quaint office. I'd definitely reccomend it!
09:09 PM on 08/28/12
paramorekicks
User Info.
As usual I wish this wasn't for college credit only. Being an unemployed graduate is not fun.

This. So much.
09:12 PM on 08/28/12
Acad08
@explorerbri
User Info.
There are plenty of labels that will do that without requiring credit! The ones I know about are in Nashville (I live here), but I'm sure there are some out around CA and places up in NY as well.
09:17 PM on 08/28/12
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
Damn college credit always gets me.
09:24 PM on 08/28/12
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
User Info.
college kids get everything these days
09:27 PM on 08/28/12
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
User Info.
I dunno, seems like they're just using the interns to do all the work so they can make all the money instead............................ .......
09:32 PM on 08/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
I dunno, seems like they're just using the interns to do all the work so they can make all the money instead............................ .......
Gotta start somewhere. Intern for a year, get an entry level job, work your way up, have interns of your own.
09:33 PM on 08/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
Try Doghouse Records/Working Group Management. I interned for them last fall. You don't need to get college credit. You can do it just for the experience if you'd like. They're a pretty awesome bunch, and it's a nice quaint office. I'd definitely reccomend it!
I'll give Doghouse a shot. Read the requirements and it sounds great. Thanks for the heads up!
09:35 PM on 08/28/12
TheRealJohnOC
User Info.
There are plenty of labels that will do that without requiring credit! The ones I know about are in Nashville (I live here), but I'm sure there are some out around CA and places up in NY as well.
There are a few out there but every one I see is in some weird state. I live 15 minutes from NYC so I'm hoping more indie labels have experience paid internships.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests