Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 60.
01:38 PM on 08/29/12
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
funny you should say this, because their first album is actually a "live" album.

anyways, album is alright, probably their worst.
oh really? i guess it being their first album they werent as well groomed as a band at the time.

what makes you say this is their worst? i cant really comprehend that.
01:39 PM on 08/29/12
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
oh really? i guess it being their first album they werent as well groomed as a band at the time.

what makes you say this is their worst? i cant really comprehend that.
it was all recorded in one take, live in the studio.

it's just nothing new for them, nothing grabs me, nothing makes me want to listen to it again. all it does is make me wanna listen to their old albums more.
01:56 PM on 08/29/12
thedaywedied
twitter.com/thesouth
User Info.
As much as I love this album, it comes in at an extremely close second to The Fiancee.

"Most memorable outro...?"
I would completely agree if ...And Shot Each Other was not a thing.
04:11 PM on 08/29/12
Nate Bennett
facebook.com/VinedresserBand
User Info.
Matt Goldman produced? Must hazzzz...
04:46 PM on 08/29/12
avengedtbs
May your music break my eardrums
User Info.
Seeing these guys open for ETID in Buffalo in December. I'm aware of who they are, but I've never gotten around to listening to them. I hear they're insane live so I can only imagine what they're going to be like at this show. Might be a good time to check them out.
05:05 PM on 08/29/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
Seeing these guys open for ETID in Buffalo in December. I'm aware of who they are, but I've never gotten around to listening to them. I hear they're insane live so I can only imagine what they're going to be like at this show. Might be a good time to check them out.
listen to "wars and rumors of wars" first, then long live, then the fiancee, then this album, this unsung EP
06:01 PM on 08/29/12
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
your first paragraph really sells the rest of their discography short. i feel like all of their albums match the live intensity besides the first.
^^^^^^^^^
10:02 PM on 08/29/12
theDrivingSnow
I wouldn't know.
User Info.
I don't listen to this band, but I was just curious if they're still considered a Christian group.
10:26 PM on 08/29/12
TypicalMiracle
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
listen to "wars and rumors of wars" first, then long live, then the fiancee, then this album, this unsung EP

What, are just forget about Everything Is Alive...?
01:49 AM on 08/30/12
tallwhiteninja
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've been a fan of the band since The Fiancée, and I think each new album has been better than the one before it, including One Wing. This album's absolutely brilliant, and I'd be shocked if it's not my favorite of the year when all's said and done.

If you haven't listened to the band before, I'd say start from One Wing and work backwards; again, I think they've improved with each release (though all are great; even Everything Is Alive...is excellent, though it's really rough around the edges by design).
05:47 AM on 08/30/12
xJWOODSx
User Info.

don't check them out
don't even listen to a single song
save it for the concert, it'll blow you away

then buy every album hahaha
08:33 AM on 08/30/12
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
What, are just forget about Everything Is Alive...?
i mean all of the best songs on that album are redone better on the unsung ep
10:43 AM on 08/30/12
x1wingdangel
Super Nothing
User Info.
Album is so amazing. I've been jamming it non stop. Also loved the review well done.
02:08 PM on 08/30/12
drzafs
spinning free
User Info.
I don't listen to this band, but I was just curious if they're still considered a Christian group.
They are Christian.... and they are a group... so....
06:17 PM on 08/30/12
rushour144
User Info.
This is literally the most inventive album I have heard in...maybe ever! Perfection and genius contained! That Chariot has done it! Cheek is brilliant...so glad they used Chaplin's speech; that speech should be required for every human to see!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests