AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Favorite Gentlemen Tour: Charlotte, NC. Feature

Posted by - 10:23 AM on 08/29/12
The Favorite Gentlemen Tour is wrapping up this week. We have a few more photo features to bring you from the road. Today we're featuring Alex Gibbs' feature during the Charlotte, NC stop of the tour. Below are Gibbs' thoughts on spending time with the tour.
Message from Alex GibbsMusic in a lot of ways is where I started getting really passionate about photography. There was just something so cool about documenting bands that came through Atlanta (where I lived at the time) and friends' bands that were from the area. Even now, live music is one of my favorite things to photograph. Favorite Gentlemen is a label out of Atlanta that has got one of heck of a lineup with some incredible bands. Four bands recently embarked on the first Favorite Gentlemen Tour, and I was asked to shoot the Charlotte date.

I have to say it was everything I expected, and more, and less. Being in a touring band is completely predictable and unpredictable at the same time. You know your schedule, and what you have to do from day to day. The Predictable. Then there's the outside world that has no problem getting you sidetracked or making late to a show. Be it the amazing museums Washington DC has to offer (from what I saw on the Instrgram photos tagged with #FGTOUR) or eighteen wheelers flipped and burning on the interstate setting you back a few more hours, in what was already at long drive. The Unpredictable.

Our original plans were to hang out with all four bands around Charlotte. You know, doing things that people do here. Eat at the Diamond, buy records at Lunchbox, and shoot some photos with everyone just hanging out around town. Well, you can't quite control everything now can you. This wasn't a bad thing by any means…but just a spin on what the day/night would finally become. After the Death Wagon finally arrived at my house, almost 8 hours later than expected thanks to a burning 18-wheeler, for some quick showers we headed off to Tremont to load in and hang out. I shot around before and during the show, and I couldn't have had more fun. A big thank you goes out to Andy, All Get Out, Death On Two Wheels, Harrison Hudson, The Junior Astronomers, and everyone apart of the Favorite Gentlemen Tour for making it such a memorable night.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
10:23 AM on 08/29/12
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
All photos courtesy of Alex Gibbs // Facebook // Instagram: alexxgibbs // Site

Junior Astronomers

Harrison Hudson

Death on Two Wheels

All Get Out

05:40 PM on 08/29/12
xColetrainx
Whitpix
User Info.
Nice photos man. Did you use film or is this digital? Looks like film which Im a big fan of.
12:04 PM on 10/03/12
alexgibbsphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For those interested, I have started a StorEnvy site selling these Favorite Gentlemen prints and others. Limited prints all hand signed and numbered by me.

http://alexgibbsphotos.storenvy.com/

Thanks!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests