Radiosurgery
User Info.
fuck yeah.
10:57 AM on 08/30/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
how do they not have an album out yet?
they came out with one (in the US) in March.
11:07 AM on 08/30/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
so this is their sophomore release already?
well it came out in the UK in November so it's been about a year but since they probably don't have a single thing to do with writing, it doesn't take long for them to just go in and do vocals.
11:10 AM on 08/30/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
That this site intentionally covers mainstream "unpunk" music in order to drive traffic and make money, which undermines the whole credibility of the "Punk" aspect of the site that brought people to the community to begin with. As far as I can tell, they take umbrage with that because the site basically built a community purporting to be one thing (a haven for fans of punk and underground music to gather) and then quickly sold out and started writing about stuff that would increase their revenue. All of this, of course, under the guise of being more "open minded" about what they cover, despite that never really being the purpose of a genre/scene-specific news site in the first place.

Or, more accurately maybe, just that this site tends to have lame taste in music.

Not that I care much either way, but the timing is funny.
I didn't post this because of "hits." Yeah it's funny to see people get all pissy about it sometimes, but this post could get a million views and I wouldn't see a dime from it, so why the hell would I care how popular a news post gets? I also post things that barely get 100 views. point is, if I post something that anyone thinks I'm posting because of hits, it's because I legitimately like it. hence why you'll most likely never see anyone else posting One Direction news (because I'm the only one on staff that cares about them).
12:46 PM on 08/30/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
idg why people always flip out like this in pop posts. AP has pop fans, including some staff who enjoy posting about it. I don't think they gain much by posting this stuff. Sometimes the posts get more comments, but let's be real, half of them are people whining about why it's being posted. AP definitely keeps a more "alternative" focus but occasionally posts about pop music - maybe a few times a week. It's not like it's turning into Perez Hilton.

nailed it.
01:50 PM on 08/30/12
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
I haven't heard anything from this band, so I have no opinion on them or their music. I just came here to say that one of the cooler things about this site in my opinion is that they can post stuff like this and it doesn't usually come off as satirical. In fact, there are plenty of people who comment that seem to legitimately enjoy the artist or band being discussed. That's cool to me to see that much diversity in one place.
If only everyone felt this way.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums