Username
Password

09:23 AM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
Montréal
Female - 20 Years Old
Any fellow QCers on AP wanna talk about the election?
10:33 AM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
Montreal, Canada
Male - 30 Years Old
Pauline Marois and the Parti Quebecois are the reason Facebook needs a dislike button. That party is a joke.
Seeing as how the leader of the CAQ is a former PQ member, I can't trust the CAQ.
Quebec Solidaire supports the protesters and is pro-sovereignty.

As an English Quebecer, I feel the only viable solution is for me to pinch my nose and vote Liberal.
10:39 AM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
Montreal, Canada
Male - 30 Years Old
And I wish all the parties involved would harp less on non-existant issues such as language and focus more on REAL issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	558200_10151135944367855_1555540986_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	62992
11:35 AM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
NickNodirection
Montreal
Male - 27 Years Old
I will vote for the PQ since I am pro sovereignty but I'm not too sure how Marois will fit in the seat of the prime minister... she has ideas I disagree with but I'd rather have an impacting vote than a vote for a minuscule party... there's been a huge debate on the strategic votes and I believe that one should vote for the party instead of solely the leader. As a teacher, I would never vote for CAQ or for PLQ...
08:14 PM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T I'm really not excited to vote.

PQ is awful, the PLQ is as bad, and the CAQ is lackluster. I'm debating voting for my liberal MNA because he's been decent, or the CAQ candidate because why not?

The sovereignty debate is ridiculous. Aussant has the best plan for it, but he seems too radical. The others are too engulfed in some bullshit mentality that the francophone culture is under attack to realize that they aren't thinking rationally.
08:20 PM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
Pauline Marois and the Parti Quebecois are the reason Facebook needs a dislike button. That party is a joke.
Seeing as how the leader of the CAQ is a former PQ member, I can't trust the CAQ.
Quebec Solidaire supports the protesters and is pro-sovereignty.

As an English Quebecer, I feel the only viable solution is for me to pinch my nose and vote Liberal.

Badbadbadbad mentality. Charest doesn't give a shit about Quebec. He knows the english vote is wrapped around his finger, and uses it as a "safe" demographic. Do your research with your parties, some have decent/interesting proposals. Or, like some of my anglo buddies are doing, abstain. Go in to vote, and then abstain from voting. That way, you're doing your duty as a citizen to vote, and you're telling the government that you aren't satisfied with what's being given.

That being said, am I the only one who feels that this election, people are starting to move away from a language-locked election. The Anglophone vote is being split up, and the ON has a platform that includes minorities in their plan for an independent Quebec, and have candidates actually working to build relationships with Anglophone communities to sway their vote, which I find impressive.
10:39 PM on 08/31/12 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
do you guys all speak french?
09:18 AM on 09/01/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Really wish I was there instead of here.
02:20 PM on 09/01/12 
User Info.
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
Montréal
Female - 20 Years Old
I speak French. I am frighted of Marois and the PQ. I don't mind the Quebec Solidaire, minus the sovereignty thing. I really, really wish the politicians would fucking let that go and talk about issues that art more important. I don't like Charest either.
It's a tough vote.
08:53 PM on 09/01/12 
User Info.
BlinkAvAfan21
She calls it a mayonegg.
Male - 22 Years Old
Pourquoi on pourrait pas parler français ici? Les autres membres de AP.net s'en caliss de nos élections de toute façon :P.

Moi j'voterais Option National, mais dans mon comté yon aucune chance de gagner, donc j'vais voter PQ pour être sur que les libéraux rentre pas. Sérieusement Aussant serait mon choix numéro un pour être premier ministre. C'est le seul, à part Amir et David, qui semble intelligent. Les autres font juste se crier des bêtises depuis le début de la campagne, ils se foutent tous des québecois, ils veulent juste se faire élire.

Donc, voilà mon point de vue, c'était cool de parler français ici.

I'm sorry for the people who didn't understand.
10:12 AM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
Amir intelligent? Hahaha c'est in idéaliste qu'honêtement est "in over his head".

Aussant est pas pire, j'espère qui gagne son spot comme MNA.

Peut-être une victoire du PQ ce n'serait pas pire. Marois à la tête d'un gouvernement faible veut probablement dire que le PQ ne gagnerait pas deux élections de suite, et peut-être la prochaine élection, il va y avoir des meilleurs candidats.
02:43 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Pourquoi on pourrait pas parler français ici? Les autres membres de AP.net s'en caliss de nos élections de toute façon :P.

Moi j'voterais Option National, mais dans mon comté yon aucune chance de gagner, donc j'vais voter PQ pour être sur que les libéraux rentre pas. Sérieusement Aussant serait mon choix numéro un pour être premier ministre. C'est le seul, à part Amir et David, qui semble intelligent. Les autres font juste se crier des bêtises depuis le début de la campagne, ils se foutent tous des québecois, ils veulent juste se faire élire.

Donc, voilà mon point de vue, c'était cool de parler français ici.

I'm sorry for the people who didn't understand.

J'ai compris tout ce que tu as dit à l'exception de cette phrase. On utilise "calisser" comme un gros mot au Québec n'est-ce pas ? Quelle est une vraie traduction de ce mot ?
05:05 PM on 09/02/12 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
J'ai compris tout ce que tu as dit à l'exception de cette phrase. On utilise "calisser" comme un gros mot au Québec n'est-ce pas ? Quelle est une vraie traduction de ce mot ?

Calisse (translated literally to Chalice) and Tabarnac (translated literally to Tabernacle) are two french curses meaning more or less "fuck, shit, damn, wtf, what the hell, goddamnit, etc. In Quebec, we "conjugate" these words to mean just about everything. Ex.
"Calisse! Le Canadien c'est faite smoké au shootout, y'ont perdu 3-2!"
This is an example of Calisse being used as "fuck!"
"J'vais t'en calisser une dans face si tu t'la ferme pas l'gros"
This is calisse like a verb, IE I'm going to hit you.
"On s'en calisse"
This is an example where it basically means "we don't give a shit".
06:20 PM on 09/03/12 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Calisse (translated literally to Chalice) and Tabarnac (translated literally to Tabernacle) are two french curses meaning more or less "fuck, shit, damn, wtf, what the hell, goddamnit, etc. In Quebec, we "conjugate" these words to mean just about everything. Ex.
"Calisse! Le Canadien c'est faite smoké au shootout, y'ont perdu 3-2!"
This is an example of Calisse being used as "fuck!"
"J'vais t'en calisser une dans face si tu t'la ferme pas l'gros"
This is calisse like a verb, IE I'm going to hit you.
"On s'en calisse"
This is an example where it basically means "we don't give a shit".

Mon français n'est pas bon ? :( I'm familiar with tabarnac but I always thought it was spelled "tabarnak" for some reason. Couple questions.

•So a good way to say "I don't give a shit!" would be "Je m'en calisse !" ?
•To say, "I'm going to beat the shit out of you" would that be something along the lines of "Je vais te calisser une volée" ?

I find québécois swearing interesting. I remember hearing something along the lines of "Jesus en bicyclette sur son calvaire" amd finding it amusing.
07:08 PM on 09/03/12 
User Info.
TSLataris
Representin' the 514
Montreal, Canada
Male - 30 Years Old
do you guys all speak french?

English is my mother tongue but I speak French as well.

Not sure if y'all saw this video yet, but it's pretty effed up. It's sad that there are people out there with this mentality.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos