AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 74 of 74.
10:05 PM on 08/31/12
hands_of_stone
User Info.
idk which is more exciting. The chance to go to Disneyland with them, or the fact they're making a new album.
11:47 PM on 08/31/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
This band sucks.
11:55 PM on 08/31/12
TheSkyline
www.pillowtalktn.bandcamp .com
User Info.
$30,000. rly?
04:08 AM on 09/01/12
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
One of like 2 screamo bands that are any good...... im stoked

not sure if serious
04:59 AM on 09/01/12
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
So awesome to see the world light up with this news yesterday. Recover meant quite a deal to a lot of people.
07:13 AM on 09/01/12
ablueskytragedy
me waka natau
User Info.
Fuck these guys, they butchered that Postal Service song. Also, from a musicians standpoint, $30,000 is an absolutely ABSURD amount of money to spend for recording a record. They will use a fraction of that funding for the record and the rest will probably go to more dumb tattoos.
07:55 AM on 09/01/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
17,000+ raised already, holy fuck. Didnt know these guys had such dedicated fans.
09:49 AM on 09/01/12
JamesMichael
Fight Fuck Regret
User Info.
17,000+ raised already, holy fuck. Didnt know these guys had such dedicated fans.

Whole reason the are doing it the fans love them and not just Confide fans also some old school fans when Ross was in PenKnifeLoveLife. Ahhh those were the days I saw PenKnife at a local library with Bring Me The Horizon headlining it aha. Still glad these guys are doing it I loved Confides second album when Joel Piper did back up vocals on they sort of sounded like UnderOath.

Although they are making a new album doesn't seem they will be touring at all judging from the video?
01:30 PM on 09/01/12
Trashcore
lower lifes
User Info.
One of like 2 screamo bands that are any good...... im stoked

Probably a good thing this band is no where near the genre of screamo.

I dont get this. They're just gonna make a record and that's it? No live show? No CD release? Fuck, they might as well record it all on pro-tools or logic and get it done for under 1000

Ugh...most major and professional albums are recorded in protools. Some studios use logic(like mine). I'm confused as to what your comment meant/what the program it's recorded in has to do with the price of recording...
11:33 AM on 09/02/12
lotusmilano
just follow your heart
User Info.
Can we get a pool of AP users to throw money down and raise $1,000, so we can name a track "Funky Butt Loving"
11:58 AM on 09/02/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Some of these prizes are pretty absurd too. They're normal human beings just like us. Stop putting them on a pedestal.
02:17 PM on 09/02/12
76delux
76delux
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If 30k was the least amount of money every band needed to make an album then 2% of the music you hear would actually exist.

Fact. This is an insane amount of money to act like is the "minimum" amount needed to make a record. Especially with how far recording technology as come.Most of the records anyone who reads this site listen's to cost between 0 and 15K to make. And sorry dudes, "Pre Production" and "writing" is free. It's called band practice. These dudes need to get jobs and and stop acting like they deserve more money then most indies EVER pay to have a record made.
09:13 AM on 09/04/12
knoxvillee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Didn't Joel Piper produce the latest album these guy did? Can't he do it again? 30,000k sounds like a lot of money to record a CD.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests