AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Traveler - Nothing Lasts Long Enough / Afterthought... Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 7.5
Production 8
Creativity 7
Lasting Value 7
Reviewer Tilt 7
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Traveler - Nothing Lasts Long Enough / Afterthought...

Reviewed by: justbradley (09/05/12)
Traveler Nothing Lasts Long Enough / After Thought Single
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: May 4th, 2012 / August 3rd, 2012

There are many ways to come across new music, new records, and new bands. The best way is completely by accident. That’s how I found Cleveland, OH melodic hardcore/pop-punk band Traveler. I found them while looking up something else, but I noticed they had a new single for free entitled “Afterthought.” It was a pretty solid single, so I thought I’d check out more. Their last EP Nothing Lasts Long Enough was for free as well, so I thought I’d pick that up. I was not disappointed at all.

The EP starts with “Traveler / Intro” and it’s exactly what it says – an intro. It’s not very special, but it does its job nicely. The guitarwork by Justin Romanak and Seth Deadwyler is rather nice. The riffs are quite slow, and the sound itself is nice. However, that track leads into second song, “Waking Up,” which describes the mood perfectly. Anyone would wake up listening to this song. It’s aggressive, loud, fast, and the screaming vocals provided by vocalists Nicholas Ippoliti and Romanak (who provides backup vocals) are just as aggressive. Ippoliti’s vocals aren’t the best I’ve heard, but they do their job nicely.

As the EP goes on, the main problem I have with it is that it tends to blend together. While every song is quite short, they all blend together. That’s the only downside to this genre – it’s very easy for the songs to become rather muddled together. While they do slightly blend together, it all sounds brilliantly. But because of it blending together, I can’t pick out any moments that I absolutely loved. The EP as a whole is fantastic, so I’d just recommend listening to the entire thing. However, the last song “Hide” ends with a very soft guitar riff, which ends the EP on a very nice note.

A few months later, they released “Afterthought,” which is a single from an upcoming release. It follows in the same vein as Nothing Lasts Long Enough, as in it starts off quite aggressively. However, in the middle it becomes rather soft, which is a nice contrast. The guitarwork by this band is absolutely fantastic. That’s one thing I absolutely adore.

Overall, the EP and the single are quite good, and any fan of melodic hardcore or pop-punk should check this out.

Recommended If You Like Such Gold, The Ghost Inside, Lifetime, melodic hardcore, pop-punk

Additional Information
Track Listing:

Nothing Lasts Long Enough

1. Traveler/Intro
2. Waking Up
3. Living Now
4. Nothing Lasts Long Enough
5. Hide

Afterthought Single

1. Afterthought

Traveler is:
Nicholas Ippoliti- Vocals
Justin Romanak- Guitar/Vocals
Seth Deadwyler- Guitar
Nick Kroh- Bass
Joshua Olencki- Drums

www.facebook.com/travelercle

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums