AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 239.
05:16 AM on 09/06/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
The reason I put Reach For The Sun in RIYL is more because listening to this record the first few times reminded me of the first few times I heard RFTS - the feeling where you know this is a record that changes everything and will define the rest of your year.

RFTS is one of my favorite records within the last five years - few albums will ever mean that much to me - but this just reminded me of that feeling of comfort upon hearing that album for my first time. That's why I put it in the RIYL - more of "Reminded Me Of"
05:19 AM on 09/06/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
The singles for this were crap. I'm hoping this one doesn't suck.
Honestly, the singles are probably my two least favorite tracks of the record. "Go To Hell" is a fantastic song, but it doesn't really fit the mood of the album on whole.
05:44 AM on 09/06/12
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
User Info.
This review was very well written, however... I think it crushes a bit with me mostly for the fact you consider this to be their best effort, even than Lucky Street... Some of the lyrics you quoted didn't really feel of the quality of some of LS ones... and Go To Hell and Collide,tough enjoyable (specially the latter), seem a lot weaker too...

I don't know, i'll wait till i hear it to judge, but with Go Radio you can't go wrong, such a solid band overall.

Again, nicely written review, and i sincerely hope i enjoy the album as much as you do when it comes out.
06:03 AM on 09/06/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
Can't wait for this to come out. I know it'll define my fall as well.
06:05 AM on 09/06/12
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
User Info.
Is it really like the RIYLs though? Really??
Thank you for this. RIYL's are almost always completely misleading, especially when you use particular albums that you know will incite comments.

I'm just waiting for the review that says TTTYG era Fall Out Boy + Deja Entendu Brand New + Full Collapse Thursday.
06:15 AM on 09/06/12
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
I took your RIYL more as a feeling or that it's just as good not that it sounds similar to those albums.
06:16 AM on 09/06/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The singles for this were crap. I'm hoping this one doesn't suck.
Agreed.
06:21 AM on 09/06/12
spezialk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The reason I put Reach For The Sun in RIYL is more because listening to this record the first few times reminded me of the first few times I heard RFTS - the feeling where you know this is a record that changes everything and will define the rest of your year.

RFTS is one of my favorite records within the last five years - few albums will ever mean that much to me - but this just reminded me of that feeling of comfort upon hearing that album for my first time. That's why I put it in the RIYL - more of "Reminded Me Of"

I haven't heard the album yet, but I have to disagree. Reach For The Sun did not have garbage pop/radio attempts like "Go to Hell." We all know how good Jason's songwriting and metaphors are, however that song lacks both and was clearly meant ONLY to attract a new fans (which isn't a bad thing). However, RFTS was just an honest, well written album from start to finish. I have a feeling I'll be skipping a few tracks on CTD, something I can't say the same about for EIT and RFTS. The singles for CTD, thus far, have been garbage aside from Collide's hook. Hoping for better things from the album, because as a long time Go Radio fan, I'm worried.
06:32 AM on 09/06/12
blue_light_888
User Info.
I want to make love to this band. That is all.
06:36 AM on 09/06/12
scooterf
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
well I mean, Reach For the Sun isn't that great of a record...

GET OUT. OUT OF THIS THREAD. NOW.
06:42 AM on 09/06/12
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Reach for the Sun was a great record. War Paint was a greater record.

Anyway, excited for this. Good review Ryan. More lyrical quoting than I generally like, but you made it work.
06:55 AM on 09/06/12
BLeClair12
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice review, I'm super excited for this record. "Lucky Street" made my top ten last year, definitely hoping this will as well.
07:21 AM on 09/06/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
The RIYL for me is comprised of records that made me feel similarly to how I feel with the reviewed record - similar moods, imagery, tempos, etc. No need to look so much into the RIYL list and only discuss it.

Next time I just won't put a RIYL
07:26 AM on 09/06/12
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
I took your RIYL more as a feeling or that it's just as good not that it sounds similar to those albums.
There we go
07:37 AM on 09/06/12
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I need this right now
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates