Password

Album Review

The I Mighty - Karma Never Sleeps Album Cover

The I Mighty - Karma Never Sleeps

Reviewed by
I The Mighty - Karma Never Sleeps
Record Label: Equal Vision
Release Date: March 27, 2012
It's really difficult for me to find a starting point, because I honestly believe that I The Mighty hasn't done a single thing wrong with this EP. I probably don't even need to do more than to suggest listening to it because the first ten seconds of the opener "The Dreamer" does a great job of grabbing attention and keeping the listener hooked until the end. It starts with creating a dreamlike setting and immediately shifting to a livelier attack. Then come the vocals from probably one of the best vocalists in this genre, Brent Walsh. So far, I've been reminded of Cove Reber, Anthony Green, Aaron Gillespie, Dan Marsala, and various other popular vocalists while listening to this EP, and I've loved every second of it.

Getting down to the core of the EP, there is a strong unifying theme of karma referenced in all of the tracks, some more straightforward than others. Walsh does a great job of expressing his thoughts on this theme, especially in "The Dreamer," the chorus of which gives me chills when the lyrics are combined with the power that Walsh uses to sing them.

The songs on this CD all go incredibly well with each other, and they're still very solid tracks on their own. A loud and pounding bass drum over creative and sometimes intricate riffs are delivered with precision, a strong level of talent, and good production quality, with each track giving something new and quite different, but still evoking the same moods. "The Frame III: Sirocco" is probably the only track I wouldn't call outstanding, but that's simply because it seems to use some of the same ideas from other tracks and therefore is a little boring compared to the rest. One notable track I should mention, though, is "Escalators," which kicks off with an addicting riff, shifts to a calm, mellow verse with a perfect instrumentation to match the soft vocals. It also leads to an extremely strong buildup and finish, and it's easily the best song on the EP.

Since their 2010 release, I The Mighty have really made their mark and, with the release of Karma Never Sleeps, established a quality sound that make them a band to look out for in the scene. If they release a full length of this caliber or better, I wouldn't be surprised to see them become the next big thing.

Recommended If You LikeCirca Survive, Saosin, Ivoryline, Story of the Year, Conditions

https://www.facebook.com/ithemighty
This review is a user submitted review from dmcaloon. You can see all of dmcaloon's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version