Update: The chat is over. We would like to give sincere thanks to John, Michelle, Shaun, and Will of Straylight Run for participating and staying for much longer than they needed to and really making a point to answer people's questions. We at AP.net are extremely appreciative.
For those that have just found this site for the Straylight Run chat, feel free to talk about the band in their official thread and be sure to come back for more awesome music news. Thanks for stopping by.
Original Post: Straylight Run will be chatting in this thread starting at approximately 9 p.m. EST. They will be under the usernames jtn (John), darose (Michelle), straylightshaun (Shaun), and willnoon (Will). Check the replies for further information and to chat.
- Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask them tough questions, but make sure that you are crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.
- Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get the band members' attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.
- If someone doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.
- This is not a way to ask the band for favors, to ask them if they'll write a song for you or visit you at your house. While I'm sure they'd absolutely love to, try not to hassle them too much.
- You may notice a slight lag on the website while refreshing pages/posting. That's because this band rules and a lot of people want to talk to them and it slows the site down.
- Thoughts on Victory? Spitalfield did a chat recently and didn't have the most positive things to say about them. What are your thoughts on the label if you can comment on it?
- Speaking of labels, where do you guys think you're going to go next? Do you think that you'll try to go with a major label, an independent label, or might you even self-release your next recordings?
- Looking back on the two full-lengths and the EP, do any of you regret any of the choices made for those albums? Whether it be the choice of single, the lyrics on a particular song, the sound you were doing on the album, or even the artwork, would you change anything if you could? What would it be?
To John and Shaun: How does it feel to be a part of an album (Tell All Your Friends) that has literally changed the lives of millions of kids, and a music scene in general. I've never heard you or any other member of TBS speak of how that felt on a personal level.
Since your first album came out in 2004, you guys have shown an impressive growth both lyrically and sonically. My question to you is how has your songwriting process evolved since the band's beginning (through influences, studio techniques, etc)?