AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Straylight Run News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Straylight Run AP Chat

Posted by - 06:46 PM on 01/09/08
Update: The chat is over. We would like to give sincere thanks to John, Michelle, Shaun, and Will of Straylight Run for participating and staying for much longer than they needed to and really making a point to answer people's questions. We at AP.net are extremely appreciative.

For those that have just found this site for the Straylight Run chat, feel free to talk about the band in their official thread and be sure to come back for more awesome music news. Thanks for stopping by.

Original Post:
Straylight Run will be chatting in this thread starting at approximately 9 p.m. EST. They will be under the usernames jtn (John), darose (Michelle), straylightshaun (Shaun), and willnoon (Will). Check the replies for further information and to chat.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 1367
06:47 PM on 01/09/08
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
User Info.
Thanks so much for being here, Straylight Run.
06:47 PM on 01/09/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rules for Chat

- Be respectful. Don't be afraid to ask them tough questions, but make sure that you are crossing any boundaries of any sort. If you have any hesitations about posting a certain question, odds are you shouldn't post it. Disrespect will not be tolerated and will be met with a deleted post and a ban.
- Double, triple, and quadruple posts will be deleted, along with posts that are overly modified to get the band members' attention. No extra formatting is needed; I'm sure they can read just as well as, if not better than, most of us.
- If someone doesn't answer your question, feel free to ask another.
- This is not a way to ask the band for favors, to ask them if they'll write a song for you or visit you at your house. While I'm sure they'd absolutely love to, try not to hassle them too much.
- You may notice a slight lag on the website while refreshing pages/posting. That's because this band rules and a lot of people want to talk to them and it slows the site down.
06:48 PM on 01/09/08
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My questions for the band

- Thoughts on Victory? Spitalfield did a chat recently and didn't have the most positive things to say about them. What are your thoughts on the label if you can comment on it?
- Speaking of labels, where do you guys think you're going to go next? Do you think that you'll try to go with a major label, an independent label, or might you even self-release your next recordings?
- Looking back on the two full-lengths and the EP, do any of you regret any of the choices made for those albums? Whether it be the choice of single, the lyrics on a particular song, the sound you were doing on the album, or even the artwork, would you change anything if you could? What would it be?
06:50 PM on 01/09/08
PatMarquez13
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You guys are a great band, keep up the wonderful work.
06:51 PM on 01/09/08
anamericangod
User Info.
Oh God it's almost time.

What is another word for desperate???

To John and Shaun: How does it feel to be a part of an album (Tell All Your Friends) that has literally changed the lives of millions of kids, and a music scene in general. I've never heard you or any other member of TBS speak of how that felt on a personal level.
06:52 PM on 01/09/08
infamousgoogler
Son of Milkman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Question -
What was the most profound experience you've had as a band and/or as an individual in your musical career?
06:52 PM on 01/09/08
TheOtherAndrew
Hail the Bandits
User Info.
Thanks for stopping by, guys.

Since your first album came out in 2004, you guys have shown an impressive growth both lyrically and sonically. My question to you is how has your songwriting process evolved since the band's beginning (through influences, studio techniques, etc)?
06:53 PM on 01/09/08
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
I wish I could think of a worthwhile question. Maybe one will come to me. Such a great band.
06:53 PM on 01/09/08
jds10912
User Info.
Looking back on it now, do you wish you had released TNTS by yourself?
06:54 PM on 01/09/08
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Hmmmm their album was my #1 this year, but what do i want to ask...
06:55 PM on 01/09/08
LillyIsLeaving
Certified BAMF
User Info.
Thanks for stopping in to talk to us guys. My question is...

Where would I end up if I went East on Sunrise Highway, turned left at Carmen's Avenue, and go right at the first stoplight?
Saves The Night
AP's Resident STD Fan
User Info.
What are your thoughts on future touring? Is anything in the works? And if you could go on tour with anyone, who would it be ideally?
Adrian Villagomez
Heading Over to See 'Bout This Girl
User Info.
Hmmmm their album was my #1 this year, but what do i want to ask...
Same here. Good taste.
Theow593
User Info.
John, what is your vocal warm-up?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT