AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

02:02 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
Freud
Lincolnton, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
is there a market for there anymore? what are they worth nowadays? i remember all the malls used to have sports card stores and other memorabilia and youd try to trade some of yours for his. ebay?
02:23 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
I think unless it's legitimately rare, like from early-mid 1900's, they aren't worth too much?
02:33 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
live.
Feenay! Fee hee hee hee heenay!
L.I.
Male - 24 Years Old
They've got those autographed cards and the ones with pieces of jerseys and whatnot. The cards that pull in serious money right now are select rookie cards. People made some serious cash on Strasburg, Harper. Felix Hernandez was another one. I used to be into that...not any more.
02:52 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
Theseventhson
NY
Male - 22 Years Old
I have so many, but I have no idea what they're worth.
07:07 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
daftpunker45
Yeezus season approaching.
I collected for 2 or 3 years in elementary school. Only some basketball cards (Kevin Durant Rookie) have the potential to be worth anything.
07:09 PM on 09/09/12 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
We have a box full from the 80's. Looked a bunch up online, not really worth much.
06:11 AM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
bluecrunchy
To shreds, you say.
Tacoma, WA
Male - 27 Years Old
I was really into cards when I was a kid, and still have most of them. They're not worth much.
06:15 AM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
Seriously have such a giant collection of these still. Pretty certain they're worthless save for a few. I have a Jerry Rice rookie that I wanna say is still worth 100+.
06:35 AM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I agree with pretty much everyone else... Unless you've got something rare, the vast majority are worthless.

I too have a complete set from the 80s - I looked it up online and it was selling for about $20

Now if you've got Babe Ruth or something like that...
07:22 AM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
Rock
THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN!
Columbus, OH
Male - 30 Years Old
is there a market for there anymore? what are they worth nowadays? i remember all the malls used to have sports card stores and other memorabilia and youd try to trade some of yours for his. ebay?

Yes, of course there is still a market. But your cards probably aren't worth as much as you think or remember unless you happen to have some high value rookie cards or autographed cards. Typically, cards are worth more soon after they are released and are a hot item and then the prices fall until they hit some sort of equilibrium. I'm not sure where the best place to sell them would be - you won't get the book value on anything except the aforementioned high value rookie cards or autographed cards. I still actively collect, but I don't buy any high priced cards. More than anything, I wish I had someone to trade with. That used to be a lot of fun as a kid.
07:24 AM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
My brother gets some good money trading hockey cards.
01:45 PM on 09/10/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected
Yes, of course there is still a market. But your cards probably aren't worth as much as you think or remember unless you happen to have some high value rookie cards or autographed cards. Typically, cards are worth more soon after they are released and are a hot item and then the prices fall until they hit some sort of equilibrium. I'm not sure where the best place to sell them would be - you won't get the book value on anything except the aforementioned high value rookie cards or autographed cards.

Yeah this sounds about right. I collected baseball cards in middle school...unfortunately most of my cards are steroid users, bummer. Not saying those can't have value, but it just takes away from my childhood a little, haha. I don't think I have many that are particularly rare or valuable, I haven't looked at them in a while. If you are trying to make money off collectibles you can just hope the economy improves so that people have more disposable income for things like this...
10:51 AM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Freud
Lincolnton, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
ok i cleaned out my attic and found a shitload of POGS, really rare comic books, and even more fuckton of sports cards, wrestling actions and star wars figurines, 2 OG gameboys, 1 gameboy color, 1 OG PLAYSTATION1 with 4 controllers and a 4 connecter adapt. found some weird gundam looking thing called VOLTES V

i have no idea what to do with all this

OH AND GAZILLIONS OF POKEMON CARDS
10:59 AM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Troggy
Basking in Wrongness
No Avatar Selected
See what the stuff is going for on eBay? If you want to unload the platforms try craigslist or a second hand store that sells older electronics.

I am trying to collect the old series of Pokemon cards. If I see some I don't have at yard sales or flea markets I usually get them. I still have the ones from when I was younger, but I never had that many.
11:04 AM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Freud
Lincolnton, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
lol i dont even know what mons i have, if you name a few i can dig through these tubs of sheets and boxes haha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos