You Had Me At Hello - Take It Off

Reviewed by
You Had Me At Hello - Take It Off
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: June 4, 2012
Who?

Debut EP from UK pop-punk band You Had Me At Hello

How is it?

Formed in the summer of 2009, You Had Me At Hello (vocalist Dan Hyde, guitarist Adam Doveston, bassist Jason Doveston, and drummer Alex Riley) entered the crowded pop-punk genre with their debut EP Take It Off. The EP starts off strong with "Diamonds And Pearls", a driving pop-punk anthem with a catchy chorus as Hyde passionately sings "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I want to welcome you tonight in your diamonds and pearls..." Hyde's voice seems like it was tailored perfectly for the pop-punk sound, with a "rough-around-the-edges" tone.

Another stand out track is "Say It Ain't Much", a slower and more mature sounding song with a melodic guitar intro. Take It Off doesn't break any new ground for pop-punk, but that doesn't make the EP any less enjoyable. The UK punk quartet crafts some catchy melodies and shows glimpses of potential that will be sure to excite fans of The Wonder Years and All Time Low.

Recommended If You LikeThe Wonder Years; All Time Low; New Found Glory - Sticks & Stones; Blink 182

Track Listing1. Diamonds And Pearls
2. Breathless
3. Pull That Trigger
4. Say It Ain't Much
5. Kill The Catch
6. Carry On Regardless

www.facebook.com/yhmah
This review is a user submitted review from hiddentrack. You can see all of hiddentrack's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version