Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 9 posts
02:42 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Way more deserving of the hype than Frank Ocean. (Not that I dislike Frank Ocean... The Weeknd just does it better.)
02:47 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
The Weeknd and Frank Ocean aren't doing the same thing so I don't know how The Weeknd can "do it better"
You're kidding, right?
02:56 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
yes it is. virtually everything about the two of them draws from different styles
If you can't compare these two artists, you literally can't compare ANY artists. Nobody is exactly the same as someone else, but these two people are in the same genre making similar music, so it is more than fair to make a comparison.
03:01 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
their music isnt similar
I think you're just trolling now.
03:45 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
what the

holy fuck @ the ignorance of music that isn't pop punk on this site. i'm with u bro. i know that feel.

it's like me saying converge and as cities burn are the same genre and should be compared because they both play heavy music and scream. get the fuck outta here.
Converge and As Cities Burn are in two different genres....

R&B is one genre. Literally the only thing Sophgod said differentiating the two was lyrical content. Music, vocals, delivery, tone, all similar as far as Ocean and Weeknd go.
03:49 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
It's being released by a major label. Even if it does get released on vinyl, it will be vastly overpriced for an inferior product.
03:53 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
i said music and tone are different as well. would also argue delivery and vocals are pretty different too.
It's strange how people are parsing this so thin between two great R&B artists, but when there's an argument about who's the better hip-hop artist people aren't afraid to say how _________ (insert trendy underground artist) is better than Kanye (or any mainstream top 40's guy) or whatever.
03:58 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I'm not one of those people. Not sure what you're getting at with that point, haha
Maybe you aren't, I just think it's silly that people think that there is literally no room to compare/contrast these two people and the music they make.
04:00 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
The Weeknd gave me 3 free mixtapes, he can take my money for this.

And just because he's got major label backing doesn't mean he won't make anything himself from it. I guarantee he will. I know you didn't suggest that at all, just beating anyone to the punch who will make that comment.
I would obviously take those mixtapes on vinyl as well. I'm just saying that collectively, that major labels are extremely greedy when it comes to pressing things on vinyl. If it were being released by a smaller label that actually cares about the quality of the product and offers it at a competitive price, I would take that any day.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos