weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
cool news is cool
03:31 PM on 09/11/12
weworemasks
User Info.
Way more deserving of the hype than Frank Ocean. (Not that I dislike Frank Ocean... The Weeknd just does it better.)

what the

yes it is. virtually everything about the two of them draws from different styles

holy fuck @ the ignorance of music that isn't pop punk on this site. i'm with u bro. i know that feel.

it's like me saying converge and as cities burn are the same genre and should be compared because they both play heavy music and scream. get the fuck outta here.
04:54 PM on 09/11/12
weworemasks
User Info.
Converge and As Cities Burn are in two different genres....

R&B is one genre. Literally the only thing Sophgod said differentiating the two was lyrical content. Music, vocals, delivery, tone, all similar as far as Ocean and Weeknd go.

the production is EXTREMELY different. i'm not exactly sure where you're getting the similarities. i mean, one guy sings about drugs and sex and the other guy is far from it. one twisted an eagles song, the other covered michael jackson.

So until this deal was signed, which we're to believe was recently, where did he receive all the funding from for his music video's, production costs and PR to date?

i'm guessing he was always on the label, it was just an experiment that worked really well. drake promoted him from day one on his personal blog, and surprise! drake's on U/R too.

It's strange how people are parsing this so thin between two great R&B artists, but when there's an argument about who's the better hip-hop artist people aren't afraid to say how _________ (insert trendy underground artist) is better than Kanye (or any mainstream top 40's guy) or whatever.

i'm not exactly sure what the hail you're getting at.

mainstream hip-hop is better than 75% of the "underground trendy" shit you speak of (for me, personally). also, i think trendy and underground are pretty contradictory.

Maybe you aren't, I just think it's silly that people think that there is literally no room to compare/contrast these two people and the music they make.

you can compare them, that's all fine. but to say they're the same genre is what's silly.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos