Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 52
02:57 PM on 09/11/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
If you can't compare these two artists, you literally can't compare ANY artists. Nobody is exactly the same as someone else, but these two people are in the same genre making similar music, so it is more than fair to make a comparison.
their music isnt similar
03:01 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
their music isnt similar
I think you're just trolling now.
03:10 PM on 09/11/12
Dustin Harkins
I hate the Dolphins defense
User Info.
please be released on vinyl.
This.
03:21 PM on 09/11/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I think you're just trolling now.
haha, i promise you im not. i just dont see it, is all. the weeknd has a real dark aesthetic and tone with straightforward lyrics about the dark side of partying and drugs and all that while frank ocean is a bit more organic in the music and sings about love and relationships. i just dont really associate their sounds with each other, though they both come from the same genre. its like comparing a band like, say Arcade Fire and Radiohead. thats probably a bad example but you get my point. i hope.
03:31 PM on 09/11/12
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Way more deserving of the hype than Frank Ocean. (Not that I dislike Frank Ocean... The Weeknd just does it better.)

what the

yes it is. virtually everything about the two of them draws from different styles

holy fuck @ the ignorance of music that isn't pop punk on this site. i'm with u bro. i know that feel.

it's like me saying converge and as cities burn are the same genre and should be compared because they both play heavy music and scream. get the fuck outta here.
03:37 PM on 09/11/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
Way more deserving of the hype than Frank Ocean. (Not that I dislike Frank Ocean... The Weeknd just does it better.)
Production is mostly what makes The Weeknd good (and he didn't even come up with his sound, his ex-producer did). Frank on the other hand can actually write good songs with some substance (he's already written songs for other artists). The Weeked sounds better, but I feel like it's all smoke and mirrors. Partying, sex, getting faded, etc. I feel like Frank's career will go further than Abel's because he's a great songwriter.

But I agree with SophGod, you really can't compare the two.
03:40 PM on 09/11/12
JesseKilgannon
User Info.
You can't compare The Weeknd and Frank Ocean. But The-Dream is the superior experimental R&B artist. I love all 3 a ridiculous amount, though.
03:41 PM on 09/11/12
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Production is mostly what makes The Weeknd good (and he didn't even come up with his sound, his ex-producer did). Frank on the other hand can actually write good songs with some substance (he's already written songs for other artists). The Weeked sounds better, but I feel like it's all smoke and mirrors. Partying, sex, getting faded, etc. I feel like Frank's career will go further than Abel's because he's a great songwriter.

But I agree with SophGod, you really can't compare the two.
you literally just compared the two.
03:41 PM on 09/11/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
haha, i promise you im not. i just dont see it, is all. the weeknd has a real dark aesthetic and tone with straightforward lyrics about the dark side of partying and drugs and all that while frank ocean is a bit more organic in the music and sings about love and relationships. i just dont really associate their sounds with each other, though they both come from the same genre. its like comparing a band like, say Arcade Fire and Radiohead. thats probably a bad example but you get my point. i hope.
Don't pay them any attention -- I also think the two shouldn't be compared.
03:44 PM on 09/11/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
you literally just compared the two.
03:45 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
what the

holy fuck @ the ignorance of music that isn't pop punk on this site. i'm with u bro. i know that feel.

it's like me saying converge and as cities burn are the same genre and should be compared because they both play heavy music and scream. get the fuck outta here.
Converge and As Cities Burn are in two different genres....

R&B is one genre. Literally the only thing Sophgod said differentiating the two was lyrical content. Music, vocals, delivery, tone, all similar as far as Ocean and Weeknd go.
03:46 PM on 09/11/12
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
So until this deal was signed, which we're to believe was recently, where did he receive all the funding from for his music video's, production costs and PR to date?
03:49 PM on 09/11/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
It's being released by a major label. Even if it does get released on vinyl, it will be vastly overpriced for an inferior product.
03:50 PM on 09/11/12
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Converge and As Cities Burn are in two different genres....

R&B is one genre. Literally the only thing Sophgod said differentiating the two was lyrical content. Music, vocals, delivery, tone, all similar as far as Ocean and Weeknd go.
i said music and tone are different as well. would also argue delivery and vocals are pretty different too.
03:50 PM on 09/11/12
deezee
geekrevolt.com
User Info.
You can't compare The Weeknd and Frank Ocean. But The-Dream is the superior experimental R&B artist. I love all 3 a ridiculous amount, though.
I remember when those two were beefing. The Dream wasted a good opportunity to really lay into The Weeknd. He produces his own shit and makes hits for other artist. I don't ever see The Weeknd going out and doing that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos