Username
Password

03:01 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
So refer to this thread for the back-story http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2883402

I'm probably not gonna see this girl again for another 6 months since we aren't regular employees yet and still need to be regularized before me or her are granted vacation/sick leaves, except maybe for a few days in between these 6 months where she might be ordered to attend seminars/orientations here in the mainland/Luzon.

So anyone have advice or have gone thru this before? Of course I can text, call, chat or skype with her, are there any other alternatives?

Edit: I do know its possible though, I mean one of my co-workers only sees her significant other maybe twice to thrice a year only cause he is also from Visayas (the other island besides Luzon and Mindanao) and yet they still make it work.
03:27 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
Only do it if the person is very, very worth it. Otherwise, it's a frustrating mess.

Definitely communicate a lot. It's really all you have, so become good at it.
03:33 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
.invisible ink.
honey bunny that's the funny thing
omnipresent
Female
You both have to want it to work equally in a long distance relationship. From my understanding, you just met this girl so you don't really know each other. It might be fun but don't take it seriously because the chances of it working out long-term are slim.
03:59 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
It won't end well.
04:01 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
chiefjordo
Go Gophers!
Can work, but requires tons of work/effort/commitment so the odds are not in your favor.
04:12 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
hiddentrack
I feel fine when you’re in my head.
Cleveland, OH
Male
THIS LOVE WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.

no really it will
04:13 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 19 Years Old
My brother met a girl in Romania while he was there for only a week, had a long distance relationship for a few years, and now they are living together married.

It's possible.
05:13 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
tommyishere
Balloon Manufactuar
Male - 22 Years Old
I am in one now, my girlfriend and I are an hour apart (both go to different colleges). Takes a lot of trust and communication and the more you start to care about the person the harder and more frustrating it gets. We have been dating though for a little over 2 years now, but you can do it..if you really dont see yourself marrying this person or being with them for awhile though I wouldnt bother.
05:20 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
You both have to want it to work equally in a long distance relationship. From my understanding, you just met this girl so you don't really know each other. It might be fun but don't take it seriously because the chances of it working out long-term are slim.
Having done this before for long periods of time (as in years), I can personally affirm that these two things are the most important things to remember when going into this. You guys are going to have to make sure you know each other well enough to actually commit because LDRs require FAR more patience and sacrifices than real life ones since both of you will have to spend much more time verbally communicating than normal. If either of you aren't really going to be serious about this or aren't sure how you feel about each other, then don't bother and save yourself a lot of pain.
06:27 PM on 09/11/12 
User Info.
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
Madison, WI
Male - 24 Years Old
Just just met and just got her number and you want to start a relationship where you won't see her for 6 months...?
04:33 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm not really looking into a relationship just yet, just means/ways in communicating whether digitally or other things, so you know, just to make a connection for the both of us.

And people's reactions on LDRships are pretty split, so I'm just asking for this thread to be closed.

I'll just see where this could possibly go in the next half year then share what happened if anyone gives a shit.

So thanks.
06:29 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Nadene7x
Welcome to the Monkey House
Little Egg Harbor,...
Female - 20 Years Old
So far my boyfriend and I have been going pretty strong for over a month hes in New Jersey while Im in Arizona...if you two really like eachother its worth it...there are some bad days usually from stress or miscommunication, but in the end I would rather be with him by means of a phone call or skype than anyone else.
07:16 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
chicago
Male - 27 Years Old
09:34 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old

/Thread as fuck.
10:13 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
leftapart
Bay Area, CA
Male
You expect me/us to read this post PLUS another one from who knows when? I'm not your therapist, kid. I don't have that kind of time on my hands. My life isn't dedicated to solving YOUR problems. I'm just kidding buddy. I actually did read your first post a couple weeks ago. I'm not really sure though if you actually went on the date? I know you got her number or something. I think you should just forget this chick. You barely know her; just met her and all. Find another woman! There's plenty of them! And woman over in the Philippines are bangin'! Total hotties. Find another chick who looks just like this first one you found. You. Will. Find. Another. Girl. To. Obsess. Over. Trust me!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos