Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24.
08:31 PM on 09/12/12
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I understand this website's bias, but LOL. The fact that the new Yellowcard album received a 95% while this record receives a 75% is absolutely laughable.
How is it laughable? We don't all have one collective vision as reviewers? We each bring our own voices and attitudes about music to the table? That's why our names are attached to each review. But I sort of get your point. It is what it is, man. Bottom line is, Jeremy nailed it. This is by far the strongest release from the Avett kin.
04:58 PM on 09/13/12
t2Gz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I honestly think "The Once and Future Carpenter" is TAB's best piece of songwriting ever. Narrowly beats "Head Full of Doubt" and "Go to Sleep." That's just me though.
02:34 AM on 09/14/12
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
I didn't plan on buying this until i was at target grabbing a couple of things and saw it for$10. I'm liking this one, I couldn't stay awake while trying to listen their last one.
06:19 AM on 09/14/12
ruskinoman
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Довольно интересный ответ, только напишите более подробнее.
10:15 AM on 09/14/12
Eurotrash Drock
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
liking it more the more I listen to it. It certainly won't win them any new fans, but I think it's a pleasurable album overall, with a bit of a more somber tone compared to their previous two. Also, if you have a Target near by, buy the album there, because it's only $10 and comes with two bonus tracks, including one of the better tracks on the album 'Die Then Grow', a good a 6 minute long romp
good to know!
02:25 PM on 09/15/12
scottwh
Rawk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Definitely disagree with some of the specific comments on songs here -- I think "through my prayers" might be one of the most powerful songs the Avetts have written. I guess it all depends on where you are in life and what you are going through. I would imagine that to a great deal of people, this will be a very powerful song.
02:31 PM on 09/15/12
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Definitely disagree with some of the specific comments on songs here -- I think "through my prayers" might be one of the most powerful songs the Avetts have written. I guess it all depends on where you are in life and what you are going through. I would imagine that to a great deal of people, this will be a very powerful song.
I will agree with that comment. To be honest, "Girl From Michigan," and "Paul Newman," are the only two songs that really rub me the wrong way. And even on some listens I can like "Girl From Michigan." But the rest of it just phenomenal to me. And my version came with two bonus tracks, and holy hell, they are terrific. I'm definitely a fan of this album.
12:52 PM on 09/21/12
joshmajika
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Once and Future Carpenter is the best song I've heard all year. Loved the album as well.
11:01 AM on 10/01/12
TheColorFrang
Bruser
User Info.
I understand this website's bias, but LOL. The fact that the new Yellowcard album received a 95% while this record receives a 75% is absolutely laughable.
agreed!
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests