Password

10:26 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Hey, we all love our families especially our parents but there are times that they think they know it all, in reality they don't. As a result bad things have happened based on their advice or orders. Here's the place to share.
My parents don't like when I stay over a gfs house in fact when I do, the next day when I go home I have to eat shit. As a result it is impossible for me to maintain a relationship when a girl wants this to happen.
My parents made me go to a state school so I wouldn't leave home. So I'm going to the worst school in the state heck my community college was better.
Anyone else want to share?
10:33 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Hey, we all love our families especially our parents but there are times that they think they know it all, in reality they don't. As a result bad things have happened based on their advice or orders. Here's the place to share.
My parents don't like when I stay over a gfs house in fact when I do, the next day when I go home I have to eat shit. As a result it is impossible for me to maintain a relationship when a girl wants this to happen.
My parents made me go to a state school so I wouldn't leave home. So I'm going to the worst school in the state heck my community college was better.

You have to eat shit...? What?

Why does it ruin your relationship because you're not allowed to sleep over her house? Who gives a fuck? Have sex before you leave lol. Pretty shallow girlfriend if she dumps you or gets angry at you because of that, anyway.

Lame about the school thing, though. They sound like they just don't understand that you're not a kid anymore and are, in fact, a legal adult.
10:37 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
You have to eat shit...? What?

Why does it ruin your relationship because you're not allowed to sleep over her house? Who gives a fuck? Have sex before you leave lol. Pretty shallow girlfriend if she dumps you or gets angry at you because of that, anyway.

Lame about the school thing, though. They sound like they just don't understand that you're not a kid anymore and are, in fact, a legal adult.
Haha its my expression eat shit like I have to catch flack, get grilled etc. And your right that girl was really shallow. If it were up to me I would just have sex cuddle and go home and sleep at home. But girls don't think that way
10:40 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
If my 22 year old boyfriend had to listen to mommy and daddy and couldn't sleep over because of that, we would definitely have an issue.
10:41 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Kassie09
in the empire business
Pittsburgh, PA
Female - 23 Years Old
Like, this has nothing to do with sex and leaving. She probably just thought it was bizarre as hell you really had basically a curfew?? as a 22 year old??
10:45 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
If my 22 year old boyfriend had to listen to mommy and daddy and couldn't sleep over because of that, we would definitely have an issue.

Thank you for proving my point
11:26 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
seymourbuttes
I'd do anything for a free t-shirt
Seattle
Male - 23 Years Old

Uhhh... This is your fault. Not at all your parents... You're 22, and yet you blame your parents for your relationships falling apart. That's some class A bullshit. Just because they, 'don't allow you sleepovers'...
11:34 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
You are 22. You are allowed to do what you want for fucks sakes.
11:34 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Uhhh... This is your fault. Not at all your parents... You're 22, and yet you blame your parents for your relationships falling apart. That's some class A bullshit. Just because they, 'don't allow you sleepovers'...
I did the whole I'm 22 I can do what I want so I sleep over at my exs next day I come home I'm treated like garbage. Not that they don't "allow" it because they know they can't stop me, but they do make it misreable for me. At the same time the girl I was with wanted me to sleepover twice a week and so she could've been more understanding too.
11:36 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Moving out seems like a great idea.
11:37 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
How is it my fault?
I do what they say or I'm homeless what do you want me to do

Sorry, your parents sound strict as fuck. Maybe have a good talk with them about letting the give you more trust? Tell them that you are a responsible adult and that if they keep restricting you, you are going to be behind in independence and not able to ever live on your own. Are your parents religious by chance?
11:38 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
No Avatar Selected
new york, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Sorry, your parents sound strict as fuck. Maybe have a good talk with them about letting the give you more trust? Tell them that you are a responsible adult and that if they keep restricting you, you are going to be behind in independence and not able to ever live on your own. Are your parents religious by chance?

They are catholic. And I'm gonna move out next chance I get financially
11:42 AM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
Hamilton, Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
They are catholic. And I'm gonna move out next chance I get financially

I see. Yeah move out when you get the chance, save, save, save. Just keep saving man, get a job, juggle school, work and social life. It's gonna suck and you will be busy but you'll spend as little time there as possible. My parents were kind of the same way but not quite so extreme. I just started not spending lots of time at home at all and they realized that they needed to let me go. Although that was when i was like 16-17. But it's never too late.
12:02 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
takemyhand
Either I'm in heaven or I'm in hell
Detroit, Michigan
Female - 23 Years Old
My parents neeeeeeever let me do anything. I could barely leave the house until I was 18, couldn't have friends over/go to friend's houses. I had to wait until I was 18 to get my license because no one would teach me how to drive. My parents are scared to drive, so they were never into the idea of me driving. They have an extra car that barely gets used, but I could only drive it if I had a job -I got a job and they would only let me drive to and from work. My mom would go ape shit if I stopped at a restaurant after work to eat for a half hour with my boyfriend (just because I had the car, not because she was worried about me). We never went anywhere for vacations, I've never really left Michigan except for Ohio a few times for Warped Tour and Cedar Point once. I live in a state surrounded by lakes, but I've never been on a boat. The first time I've even been to a great lake was last year. Basically I was pretty sheltered until I was 18 and could do what I wanted.

So I blame them for a lot of my social problems. I was barely allowed to be around people, even most of my own family, for most of my life thus far.

Not to mention I missed a lot of school things like award ceremonies at night because my parents start drinking every night around 5.

But yeah all of that changed after I turned 18, I don't know what your doing. if you wanted to go to a college and live on campus why didn't you? If they wouldn't support you financially it's pretty easy to get student loans and grants and shit.

I don't think the girl was shallow for being upset about you not being able to sleep over sometimes. I wouldn't be too into a 22 year old man with a curfew.
12:30 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
My parents neeeeeeever let me do anything. I could barely leave the house until I was 18, couldn't have friends over/go to friend's houses. I had to wait until I was 18 to get my license because no one would teach me how to drive. My parents are scared to drive, so they were never into the idea of me driving. They have an extra car that barely gets used, but I could only drive it if I had a job -I got a job and they would only let me drive to and from work. My mom would go ape shit if I stopped at a restaurant after work to eat for a half hour with my boyfriend (just because I had the car, not because she was worried about me). We never went anywhere for vacations, I've never really left Michigan except for Ohio a few times for Warped Tour and Cedar Point once. I live in a state surrounded by lakes, but I've never been on a boat. The first time I've even been to a great lake was last year. Basically I was pretty sheltered until I was 18 and could do what I wanted.

So I blame them for a lot of my social problems. I was barely allowed to be around people, even most of my own family, for most of my life thus far.

Not to mention I missed a lot of school things like award ceremonies at night because my parents start drinking every night around 5.

But yeah all of that changed after I turned 18, I don't know what your doing. if you wanted to go to a college and live on campus why didn't you? If they wouldn't support you financially it's pretty easy to get student loans and grants and shit.

I don't think the girl was shallow for being upset about you not being able to sleep over sometimes. I wouldn't be too into a 22 year old man with a curfew.

Indeed. My parents don't contribute to college at all haha they couldn't even cosign my loan because they're bankrupt. Had to ask my grandpa to sign it.

Also, I take back most of what I said in my original post. Didn't realize OP was 22, that's just fucking weird.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos