AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

12:27 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
oakhurst
Faith, Love, Hope
Male - 22 Years Old
As if we needed another reason for why ninjas are freakin' awesome.

The London-based Prince Charles Cinema has hired a "Ninja Task Force" to safeguard the film-viewing experience from rude, talkative, phone-using moviegoers. The theater has teamed with Morphsuits to have volunteers "guard" the screenings from chatty patrons in exchange for getting to see the movie for free.

"The 'ninjas', dressed in black all-in-one Lycra suits, place themselves in the darkest areas of the cinema before tackling inconsiderate behavior such as talking or the use of mobile phones," according to Digital Spy.

"The 'Cinema Ninjas' may sound ludicrous, but they have been a real success in clamping down on those ruining films for everyone else with inconsiderate behavior," said Paul Vickery, the cinema's public relations rep. If the plan works then Morphsuits hopes to place their "ninjas" in other theaters nationwide.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...ilence-talkers
01:16 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
So black people are shushing other black people?
01:18 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
Massachusetts
Male - 19 Years Old
Or... maybe those obnoxious people learn to stop being inconsiderate dicks and respect those around them who paid to see the movie with the intention of actually watching it. I'd only hope (beside from possibly being pulled from the movie?) that those people caught by the ninjas have to pay a fee or suspension for repeat offenses. That would teach them.
01:25 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Or... maybe those obnoxious people learn to stop being inconsiderate dicks and respect those around them who paid to see the movie with the intention of actually watching it. I'd only hope (beside from possibly being pulled from the movie?) that those people caught by the ninjas have to pay a fee or suspension for repeat offenses. That would teach them.

If those dicks gave a shit about other movie goers, we wouldn't have this issue. Too bad you can't have a valet system for your phone. Most of the people that are doing this are the teenagers anyways.
01:37 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
claw38
Athens, OH
Male - 22 Years Old
This idea is just plain awesome. If it actually works, then it's even better.
01:46 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
the seventeenth
Massachusetts
Male - 19 Years Old
If those dicks gave a shit about other movie goers, we wouldn't have this issue. Too bad you can't have a valet system for your phone. Most of the people that are doing this are the teenagers anyways.
I know watching any anticipated wide-release movie opening weekend is foolish to begin with, but if that Valet system were a real app when I'd seen Prometheus half of that movie theater's audience would have gotten kicked out. I can't understand why people pay for tickets if they don't watch the movie. My cinema has two types of screenings, General and Director's Hall, the latter allowing you to choose your seat in advance. It's unrealistic, but I'd gladly the DH screens/rooms be exchanged for one that prohibits talking. The ninjas could be put to use wide-spread like that then, too, I guess.
Also was that teenager comment strereotyping me into that mix? I agree, that's why I'm looking for solutions, so don't think I'm just being a hypocrite.
01:51 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
Anaheim,California
Male - 20 Years Old
Is there going to be blowjob ninjas too?
01:53 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
So black people are shushing other black people?
Hahahahahhaa. It's funny because you're white as fuck.
01:55 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
dunkinsdonut
No Avatar Selected
MD
Male - 24 Years Old

And this is funny because you are black
02:08 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
The MO!
Male - 30 Years Old
And this is funny because you are black

Also, this is the best idea for movie theaters since vibrating chairs. Awesome.
02:40 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
deanster321
BLEGH
Birmingham/Huddersfi...
Male - 23 Years Old
I would be completely ok with them employing lethal force.
02:50 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male

See what I did there? ;)
02:55 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
MPLS/LA
Male - 25 Years Old
I thought this was a joke when I clicked on it, so glad I was wrong. This isn't a half bad idea.
02:57 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
I know watching any anticipated wide-release movie opening weekend is foolish to begin with, but if that Valet system were a real app when I'd seen Prometheus half of that movie theater's audience would have gotten kicked out. I can't understand why people pay for tickets if they don't watch the movie. My cinema has two types of screenings, General and Director's Hall, the latter allowing you to choose your seat in advance. It's unrealistic, but I'd gladly the DH screens/rooms be exchanged for one that prohibits talking. The ninjas could be put to use wide-spread like that then, too, I guess.
Also was that teenager comment strereotyping me into that mix? I agree, that's why I'm looking for solutions, so don't think I'm just being a hypocrite.

I meant the preteen crowd. Ages 12-15. The age where mommy and daddy allow them to go to places with their friends. I remember seeing Woman in Black or whatever movie it was with Daniel Radcliffe. There were 3 kids in the front row who wouldn't shut the fuck up. They also had their phones out so that light in the corner of your eyes annoys the shit out of you. It got so bad that my passive gf screamed at them. Went nowhere. Finally I went and got a worker and told them the situation. The lady I got gave them a verbal warning. She then took a seat behind them without them knowing. 5 minutes later, they acted up again and were thrown out. The audience gave her a standing O.

My point is that rarely you get the disobedient adults. 9 times out of 10, it's the little kids thinking their hot shit.
03:16 PM on 09/12/12 
User Info.
the seventeenth
Massachusetts
Male - 19 Years Old
I meant the preteen crowd. Ages 12-15. The age where mommy and daddy allow them to go to places with their friends. I remember seeing Woman in Black or whatever movie it was with Daniel Radcliffe. There were 3 kids in the front row who wouldn't shut the fuck up. They also had their phones out so that light in the corner of your eyes annoys the shit out of you. It got so bad that my passive gf screamed at them. Went nowhere. Finally I went and got a worker and told them the situation. The lady I got gave them a verbal warning. She then took a seat behind them without them knowing. 5 minutes later, they acted up again and were thrown out. The audience gave her a standing O.

My point is that rarely you get the disobedient adults. 9 times out of 10, it's the little kids thinking their hot shit.
Ah, I see. In reading your story it also seems the ninja method has been around before the morphsuits came into play, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos