AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
05:35 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I believe him. You cant expect a band to reform and write a masterpiece. You need that one "getting back into it" project.

That said I really enjoy Neighbourhoods. I bought it on release day and at first i thought it was boring and just very mediocre bar 'Up All Night' and 'Wishing Well'. Then when I saw them play material from it live i understood the record sooo much more. I went back to it and I think with time anybody that enjoyed Blink's self-titled will grow to enjoy Neighbourhoods.

POP DISASTER 2.0 WOULD LITERALLY MAKE ME JIZZ.

I heard on that tour Blink were secretly getting fed up with Green Day (a band whose light had dimmed at the time) pretty much upstaging them the whole tour. I wonder what it'd be like this time. Still having seen them live it must take real guts to go up against Green Day in the live arena. Even read an interview where Dave Grohl admitted to be scared when they both headlined T in the Park.
05:36 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Also i think the full statement is a bit overly critical of the album. It doesnt seem like Travis likes it one bit.
09:04 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
i seems like he was frustrated by the way they recorded it. i wonder if that's the reason they never play anything other than the singles + Ghost On The Dancefloor...
Quite possibly. I think they did nail the single choices though.

One thing about the record is that it is quite clear which songs are Tom's and which are Mark's.

Mark's are always streamline but they lack a bit of power to them.
Tom's could do with a little more of Mark's conciseness

Really hope they can meld the two styles into something ore cohesive next time
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT