Username
Password
Blink 182 News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 86.
01:45 PM on 09/13/12
stellaparkmike
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I hope they write, produce, and record their next album with all 3 of them together in the same studio
01:56 PM on 09/13/12
LetterBomb31
Impossible Soul
User Info.
I really don't think that at all. Dude Ranch, TOYPAJ and Enema are all certainly better than the untitled one. Don't get me wrong...it is decent but not a patch on those 3.
The S/T knocks the shit out of those records. It's in a different league entirely.
02:17 PM on 09/13/12
JonnyBravo182
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Some people will like the albums before the Self Titled album because they're all pretty much what blink was back then. I think in TOYPAJ is when they started to get a lot more serious with their music (Adam's Song, Stay Together for the Kids) and don't get me wrong, I love all of their albums. But, the self titled struck me as better because I like seeing change in a band's musical and lyrical direction. I mean, I love Enema, TOYPAJ, and dude ranch but I'd prefer to listen to the Self titled. Neighborhoods is also a good album. But for that to be a good album to someone else, they would also have to enjoy the Self Titled. Because neighborhoods is like the self titled in the sense of the seriousness of both albums. But, I do agree that it does seem all over the place because of the pressure they had with the whole reunion and shit. But hopefully they bring out new music faster than they brought out Neighborhoods. I'd love for them to tour again but at this point I want new blink lol
02:37 PM on 09/13/12
PeteRoe
User Info.
Why do you think that? (Not asking that in a douche-y way at all)
To me, and I think to most, Untitled show's the band's best form of maturation following Box Car Racer, and shows their strongest musical and lyrical output.

Though I think Mark's best lyrics come on +44
I just prefer them my friend.

They are great sing a long records and a major reason on why I like most of the music I do. I understand people might feel different and that is so cool but for me, I don't rate the self titled as much as I do them. It's a classic Blink sound I love.
02:40 PM on 09/13/12
Journey408
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
new Blink album/song title?
02:45 PM on 09/13/12
joel_one
Blood Warriors
User Info.
the self titled to me will always remind me of a band on the brink of a breakup. it's a lot darker than the previous efforts, i guess darker equates mature. but that coupled with the pop disaster disaster for blink, it is a sad era for blink in my opnion
03:25 PM on 09/13/12
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
i like that Travis kind of touches on the fact that Neighborhoods was kind of a "getting back into the swing of things" record that they felt a lot of pressure about. i think their next one will have a lot less pressure, and hopefully they realize that working together in the same room at least more often will be best.

Agreed. I was watching Cheetah's old videos when they were recording "S/T" and it's amazing how time these guys spent together writing that and how I think that really played into how cohesive that was (Also, Jerry Finn had a lot to do with it too.). I hope one day they'll be able to do that one more time and maybe go their separate ways

Didn't they say that about Neighborhoods? Maybe they can right another 1/2 album of good songs...

And then you'll learn the difference between "right" and "write."
03:42 PM on 09/13/12
Br&New182
...survived prep school.
User Info.
the self titled to me will always remind me of a band on the brink of a breakup. it's a lot darker than the previous efforts, i guess darker equates mature. but that coupled with the pop disaster disaster for blink, it is a sad era for blink in my opnion

why do you say that? Because of the performances or because of the BCR drama that ensued?
04:30 PM on 09/13/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I hope for an album just like Neighborhoods, but with more delay and reverb used. On everything. Make it sound a bit murkier.
04:32 PM on 09/13/12
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Some people will like the albums before the Self Titled album because they're all pretty much what blink was back then. I think in TOYPAJ is when they started to get a lot more serious with their music (Adam's Song, Stay Together for the Kids) and don't get me wrong, I love all of their albums. But, the self titled struck me as better because I like seeing change in a band's musical and lyrical direction. I mean, I love Enema, TOYPAJ, and dude ranch but I'd prefer to listen to the Self titled. Neighborhoods is also a good album. But for that to be a good album to someone else, they would also have to enjoy the Self Titled. Because neighborhoods is like the self titled in the sense of the seriousness of both albums. But, I do agree that it does seem all over the place because of the pressure they had with the whole reunion and shit. But hopefully they bring out new music faster than they brought out Neighborhoods. I'd love for them to tour again but at this point I want new blink lol
I agree with some of what you said but, come on man!
04:51 PM on 09/13/12
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How is this fuckin' news?
What's he supposed to say?
05:05 PM on 09/13/12
tdlyon
User Info.
I really hope the big news is a new album. It's starting to sound like it.
05:23 PM on 09/13/12
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Well at least he's admitting what everyone already knows, and that's that Neighborhoods was not their best.
05:50 PM on 09/13/12
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
Adams song was on enema jussayin
06:05 PM on 09/13/12
birtcho
is...
User Info.
Imagine if they released TOYPAJ Part 2
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates