AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
05:24 AM on 09/14/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I can get over the fact that this isnt "punk", its the sentiment that matters.

But these releases have really gone downhill. Who wants to hear a bunch of largely cookie cutter bands perform largely diluted pop crap from the radio.

Knowing Breathe Carolina they will trash Billy Jean but at least they are trying to take on a definitive pop classic instead of fucking Rhianna

It'd be ok or at least more interesting if you got a bunch of bands to cover classic pop songs. Simply because pop music had more song craft to it in the past. Like the earlier ones.

I want to see someone take on something like a Cure/Blondie/Beatles/U2 cover, or something like that. Covering bonafide hits that have stood the test of time to some extent. Not some screamo band taking a Katy Perry chorus and filling it out with unimaginative chug-a-chug plastic 2-step while the cookie monster screams the verse lyrics.

It wouldnt matter if it is throwaway/light hearted like say AL4W's motown album. Or if a band took a genuine stab at trying to take the song somewhere (See Biffy Clyro's Weezer Cover below).

It'd be nice if they could pull together a compilation that had the quality of The Ataris' version of Boys of Summer, Thrice's Eleanor Rigby, Fall Out Boy's Billy Jean. Or even Reel Big Fish's Take On Me
02:40 AM on 09/15/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Mon the motherfuckin' Biff.
Amen, not enough Biffy fans on here.
02:41 AM on 09/15/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I'd buy this as a Christmas present for someone I really hate. Gosh, fuck these compilations - It's the Glee of this side of the 'scene'.
Lol. Dems some truth bombs. "Glee side of the scene". Spot on pal
02:43 AM on 09/15/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I feel out of touch. I don't recognize half or more of these song titles >.>
See my previous post. Who really wants to hear a bunch of forgettable bands cover forgettable songs.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos