Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 12 posts
11:33 AM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I'm looking forward to a large number of these, seeing as I either like the original or the covering band for most. (or both)

Also, why is there so much hate for fun cover albums? Self righteous much?
11:37 AM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Upon This Dawning posted their Call Me Maybe cover here:

11:52 AM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Stop. This is not fun.
Is it not fun because it doesn't include The Wonder Years?

This is the bands putting out a song in between their releases for fun. It's not supposed to be a serious release.
12:03 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Yeah, he's not saying the idea isn't fun. He's saying it's not fun because the bands are all shitty and no one cares about them.
I would disagree--there are a lot of good bands on there. Of course there are a few bands that Fearless puts on because they're the new signings, and I'm not a fan of every single band on here...but Mayday Parade, The Maine, FTSK, and Memphis May Fire are all fantastic. A handful more are pretty good. A few of the bands haven't even released anything yet, so how do you know you don't like the band?
12:04 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Fearless should take the picking of the bands a little more seriously though.
If you put it together who'd you put on there and what songs would they do?

The way I see it, Fearless is putting most of the bands that are popular and their fans want to hear on there, as well as the bands that are willing to do this.
12:05 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
I'm interested in hearing Mayday Parade and The Maine. But Starfucker will always have the best cover of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
Wrong. Relient K's cover >>>>>> than any other version.

(Since I'm arguing, I might as well argue with everyone--their cover was good though, although I don't like their name)
12:06 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Oh my... I'm not usually one to post anything negative here, but that was atrocious... I'm in awe.
Not the best cover I've heard...and not really a fan of it myself.
12:13 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Because I really dislike all of the artists on there that I have heard, and I imagine the rest of them are probably more similar than different.
That's fair enough of a reason for you to not listen to it.

My thing is why people get on here and bash it when they don't have to listen to it. The "Fearless should stop making these" posts get very annoying very quick.
02:00 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
It's not even the picking of bands. But I remember their first Punk Goes... comps had some variance. Here every single song is a poorly produced breakdown with autotune choruses. There have been good covers but what is the point if none of these songs have any originality, emotion, and all sound the same?
Breathe Carolina is dance.
Mayday Parade is alt rock/pop-punk.
Forever The Sickest Kids is pop-rock with electronics.
The Maine is alt-pop-rock.
Craig Owens may be doing something acoustic.
But yeah, the others are scenecore bands...

I know whatcha mean--there are so many bands I'd rather see on it. But there's still enough variation on it to interest me.

And wasn't Punk Goes Pop 1 basically all the Drive Thru bands that sound similar?
07:01 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Bad bands ruining some good songs is cause to hate.

Have you heard that Call Me Maybe cover? It's a disaster.
That cover is not good at all. But I think most of the other songs have potential to be good.
07:20 PM on 09/13/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
WELP. You must have very low standards for covers then.
Not really. I'm just not as close minded as some I guess.

For example, you can stream MMF's cover of Grenade on Punkgoespop.com. I'd say they did a real good job with it.
09:14 AM on 09/14/12
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
There's a difference between being closed minded and being able to recognize when music is uninspired. I'm incredibly open minded when it comes to music. Most of these bands just suck.
Idk that it's uninspired...I think some of the better bands in the screamo scene actually do put a lot of work and sincerity into their music. Course there are some bands that are throw away acts--I can't argue with that.

And I didn't mean that as an insult necessarily, I was just saying that people seem to throw out an entire genre because of one or two poor examples. And I'm not even really a "fan" of the Risecore genre.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos