Username
Password
RIAA News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
RIAA
Inside AP.net

DRM Replaced With Watermarks?

Posted by: Steve Henderson (01/12/08)
Now that DRM is on the decline, will it be replaced by digital watermarks?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 25
09:47 PM on 01/12/08
Alexxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
User Info.
Wow.
That could be bad?
09:53 PM on 01/12/08
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
Another positive for buying hard copies.
10:12 PM on 01/12/08
YoTengoRabbi
Black Metal Jesus
User Info.
Isn't the RIAA getting closed down?

Pirating FTW!
10:15 PM on 01/12/08
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hopefully.
10:26 PM on 01/12/08
dizzleforizzle
me, myself, and I
User Info.
they've got limewire users shakin in their boots.

good thing getting arrested for stealing music scared the shit outta me as a kid...haven't used peer to peer since.
10:40 PM on 01/12/08
jurzdevil
User Info.
that article links to something much worse.
http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/200...-file-sha.html

"Brad Stone of The New York Times sat in on a brief panel discussion at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, where he wrote Tuesday that representatives from NBC, Microsoft and "several digital filtering companies and telecom giant AT&T said the time was right to start filtering for copyrighted content at the network level.""

That is scary.

I believe China does something eerily similar to that...
10:49 PM on 01/12/08
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
=O
dumb
12:08 AM on 01/13/08
xerovision1
lies
User Info.
honestly i wouldn't mind to see music piracy abolished with the assurance that the resurge in CD sales resulted from said abolishment would actually put the artists in a better financial situation. unfortunately, that will not be the case; it will only result in big record execs buying bigger houses and nicer cars. hence, i'm very anti-'war on the file sharer'.

edit: forgot to quote guy two posts above me, my post is in reference to that article.
12:18 AM on 01/13/08
goughjustin
Justin Gough
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think watermarking is needed although I don't see a rise in cd sales from it.

The internet has broken up the main stream into thousands of smaller niches.

I thinl we will see. A rise in indie music sales but top 40 will continue to decline
01:02 AM on 01/13/08
Atticus_Furx
These go to eleven...
User Info.
I just cant believe how these fucked up retards keep fighting free music... All these idiots want is to still make hundreds of millions by selling stupid plastic cds instead of supporting the art. These bastards wont stop untill theres nothing left other than Hiphop and top40.

Theyre killing the music and they are killing the artists... instead of supporting amazing new small bands which earn their recognition with good music they support crappy lame 3 chord pop.

what is this about? they cant afford their Ferraris?... If they ever get this thing to work, i seriously hope crackers will find a way to fuck up record labels...

shit, the RIAA really grinds my gears... guess living down here in this hell hole is not that bad after all...
01:19 AM on 01/13/08
Jason Tate
User Info.
I just cant believe how these fucked up retards keep fighting free music... All these idiots want is to still make hundreds of millions by selling stupid plastic cds instead of supporting the art. These bastards wont stop untill theres nothing left other than Hiphop and top40.

Theyre killing the music and they are killing the artists... instead of supporting amazing new small bands which earn their recognition with good music they support crappy lame 3 chord pop.

what is this about? they cant afford their Ferraris?... If they ever get this thing to work, i seriously hope crackers will find a way to fuck up record labels...

shit, the RIAA really grinds my gears... guess living down here in this hell hole is not that bad after all...
Yet the creative bands cranking out really good music are the ones who are getting hurt the most ... not the 3 chord pop bands.
01:25 AM on 01/13/08
Atticus_Furx
These go to eleven...
User Info.
Yet the creative bands cranking out really good music are the ones who are getting hurt the most ... not the 3 chord pop bands.

yeah, thats the point...

this business sucks, either you sell your soul to these guys and do crappy music, or youŽll end up as a musician working half time on mcdonalds.
01:55 AM on 01/13/08
June_Bug
My mailbox's full of bombs
User Info.
You know, this may not have anything to do with this but hear me out. The people on this site care about the music more than we care about the money. (I hope) For me, I'd be happy that someone's listening to my music. I wouldn't be trying to go after the kids who come out to my shows because they share my music or whatever.
01:57 AM on 01/13/08
June_Bug
My mailbox's full of bombs
User Info.

Hey, I kinda like mexico when I went. But true that, the RIAA are killing it.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests