Username
Password
Lost Prophets News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Lost Prophets
Inside AP.net

Lostprophets Recording Update

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (01/14/08)
Lostprophets have posted an update on their myspace blog. Check out the writing/recording update from the Welsh quintet below.
BlogHope everyone had a good xmas and new years eve thingy. Mine was chilled. We have finished and recorded 14 songs for the album, but still have more ideas, so like i said before, us being us, have decided to write and record these. It means that the album probably wont be out till the summer, but also means that there may be better songs on it...haha. Or not though, cause the new ideas might be pants. Anyway, we are gonna write in Wales cause LA has done our heads in. We need a break from it and to get back to our roots. Male voice choirs all the way now boys.

I also made a cameo in the new Blackout video for high tide summer summer summer summer baby summer we love summer sorry song. We shot it last friday for a budget of next to nothing, but i pulled some favours with my international arena performer connections and it looks like it could be quite cool. Obviously made much better by the fact that im in it. We had a laugh, and the boys pulled some sweet moves and looked lovely, so that should be out soon hopefully.

Got some more cool news in the pipeline, so i'll keep you posted.

Peace up, A Town down.

x

Submitted by
sevinw0rds

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21.
07:13 AM on 01/14/08
Maxwell
awefaeeeeeeef
User Info.
Male vocal choirs all the way.
07:13 AM on 01/14/08
ThatGirl
Tell me a secret.
User Info.
"save your sympathy. whod you think of fooling?"

haha the first post I see when checking in this morning coincideds with my ipod. fantastic.
07:24 AM on 01/14/08
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Haha, I love these guys. Always make me laugh. Can't wait to hear some new material!
07:41 AM on 01/14/08
The Stiletto
Your heart's breakin mine to pieces
User Info.
I really like this band but let's all hope the upcoming CD won't suck like Liberation Transmission. I wish that their return to the roots will mean a return to the sound of the 2 previous CDs (Start Something and Fake Sound of Progress)
07:48 AM on 01/14/08
colinstein
User Info.
Quote:
I really like this band but let's all hope the upcoming CD won't suck like Liberation Transmission. I wish that their return to the roots will mean a return to the sound of the 2 previous CDs (Start Something and Fake Sound of Progress)

yea except i really hate this band now. i loved fake sound and start something was great too!....but somewhere between album 1 and album 3 the lead singer turned into a 12 year old girl

and i dunno if any of you have heard 'we are godzilla you are japan' (hidden track on start something) but that song is really cool! maybe a lil too much screaming...but the music is cool! and the sound effects!
08:01 AM on 01/14/08
FRoGGyFo0
User Info.
Pumped.
09:30 AM on 01/14/08
blue_bedlight
Not Associated With The Band
User Info.
It's gonna be the return of Fake Sound. End of discussion. If any of you have heard demos or anything, you'd know.

And is that really the name of the Blackout song? Cause that's a long ass fuckin title. They must be emo.
09:35 AM on 01/14/08
i_like_delay
User Info.
It's gonna be the return of Fake Sound. End of discussion. If any of you have heard demos or anything, you'd know.

And is that really the name of the Blackout song? Cause that's a long ass fuckin title. They must be emo.

have you heard demos? Where? If its a return to TFSOP then count me in.
09:35 AM on 01/14/08
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
yea except i really hate this band now. i loved fake sound and start something was great too!....but somewhere between album 1 and album 3 the lead singer turned into a 12 year old girl

and i dunno if any of you have heard 'we are godzilla you are japan' (hidden track on start something) but that song is really cool! maybe a lil too much screaming...but the music is cool! and the sound effects!

Good god you have problems.
10:17 AM on 01/14/08
suburbanblues
User Info.
what a plastic band
10:25 AM on 01/14/08
AloneInTheDark
Charmingly Awkward
User Info.

Yeah...right.
These guys used to be the shit, but I can't believe how downhill they went with Liberation Transmission. I was so pumped when that CD came out, some of it was alright, but it was not these boys. Start Something was such a great jump in style and songwriting compared to TFSOP, I can't believe the let that halt. I read somewhere that they barely wrote their last record, that the producer kept making them rewrite lyrics and instrumentals until it fit what he wanted.
10:50 AM on 01/14/08
yodandy
Doin stuff...
User Info.
Having heard some of the demos, I can guarantee you this is way different from liberation transmission

it seems to mix all 3 albums into one, and I cant wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL-EhOPGRDw - Theres a link to a decent quality one I remember seeing when the first few demo's leaked. (There could be loads of better ones by now, but just for example)

stoked, one of my favorite bands since I saw them during the FSOP days.

edit: and, lol, the blackout song is - its high tide baby, and ian lends vocals on it, really good song too
11:07 AM on 01/14/08
colinstein
User Info.
Quote:
Good god you have problems.

from....what? not liking liberation? thinking ian turned into a 12 year old girl talking about living at the dmv and screaming on the roof tops? i do like that godzilla song so....where are the problems?
11:10 AM on 01/14/08
freon480
12:34
User Info.
i really do hope they can get back to their roots. their old stuff was the shit. liberation was just shit.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS