Username
Password
Yellowcard News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Yellowcard
Inside AP.net

Yellowcard Returns from the Middle East

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (01/14/08)
Yellowcard has posted a myspace blog about their acoustic shows in the Middle East. You can read it below.
BlogThis past week has been quite an experience. Sean, Mendez, and myself travelled to the Middle East to perform for our service men and women stationed there. It was 19 hours of flying each way and we just got back today. While we were there we had been scheduled to play in Kuwait the first day and then head north into Iraq for the rest of the trip. At the last minute the President came in after his visit to Israel which made it impossible to get a flight north. All of the resources there were being used for security. So we made some changes and ended up playing the bases in and around Kuwait instead. Even though we didn't get to be in Iraq and fire machine guns out of the sides of helicopters and drive tanks(which were just a couple of the things we were hoping to do), it was still an amazing trip for the three of us. We played the shows acoustic which gave us the chance to really hang out with the troops during the show. We really felt like we were bringing a piece of home to them and could tell how grateful they were to spend some time away from their normal routine. We have never held our tongues when it came to our feelings about the war in Iraq, however we have always said that although we may not support the entire mission, we will always support the men and women who are there. We would like to thank everyone there that came to the shows and especially those that took care of us while we were there. It was something we will remember for as long as we live. We wish only for everyone there to return home safe.

-Ryan

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
08:55 AM on 01/14/08
thecobrakais
the way of the fist.
User Info.
that's really nice that they took time to do this. that's a long trip.
09:19 AM on 01/14/08
kramer513
hollaaaaaaa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
very cool of them to do that.
09:24 AM on 01/14/08
Aneurisms07
User Info.
That's great. Awesome guys.

Now they need to schedule some U.S. dates.
09:39 AM on 01/14/08
softlywetremble
User Info.
they're amazing.

i cant wait for the US tour.
09:50 AM on 01/14/08
loveisdead
Go Peyton Go
User Info.
This was very nice of them to do.
10:00 AM on 01/14/08
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
Glad to hear that even if they don't agree with their country being there, they still support the people having a hard time overseas.
10:11 AM on 01/14/08
emoishardcore
emoishardcore
User Info.
i think thats a health take on things. you can disagree and protest the reasons we are in iraq, but we all should be supporting our troops, even if we disagree why we are there. bravo to them. thats pretty cool.
10:29 AM on 01/14/08
jerseysbest
User Info.
Great guys and well done to them for doing this
10:46 AM on 01/14/08
Why Bother?
#SOSVenezuela
User Info.
God I love Yellowcard.
11:06 AM on 01/14/08
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
good to see they did this. and i think they speak for most of us can in that we don't agree with the war, but we will always support the people who are serving over there.
01:19 PM on 01/14/08
McStewpants
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Bummer. I think Yellowcard should take precedence over the President. I would have loved to see them. All the other bands that come out here are lame- like Shinedown and the Jimmy Buffet cover band. Oh well, I come home in Feb.
02:31 PM on 01/14/08
madcappunk
User Info.
Bummer. I think Yellowcard should take precedence over the President. I would have loved to see them. All the other bands that come out here are lame- like Shinedown and the Jimmy Buffet cover band. Oh well, I come home in Feb.

haha, sorry that first sentence kinda made me laugh.
04:43 AM on 01/15/08
jaryd
Look me in my bloodshot eyes
User Info.
yeah we got the flyer a few weeks ago that they were coming here then the day they were supposed to come it got cancelled. one my friends saw them in kuwait though and got their autograph. he said they played about 8 songs and said mxpx is filling in for atl on their tour
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests