Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 69
12:09 PM on 09/18/12
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
honestly im NOT going to buy the entire album like i thought i was going to do (i bought american idiot, and 21st century and was happy)

i might just buy individual tracks here: let yourself go, kill the dj, and two more (i'm confident two of these songs will grow on me)
um...buying? music? does. not. compute.
12:10 PM on 09/18/12
lilguitardude76
User Info.
After Oh love i was expecting this album to suck. but i was pleasantly surprised. its a pretty decently sold album. id give it a 7/10
12:11 PM on 09/18/12
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
it's over. i know i know....but the days of soundly downloading everything (the good ole days) is over. all the limewire, frostwire stuff is shut down...all the internet sites arent as reliable...and i cant stand the shit quality of burning off youtube.
12:20 PM on 09/18/12
t3hmilkman923
Subliminal mind fuck, America
User Info.
it's over. i know i know....but the days of soundly downloading everything (the good ole days) is over. all the limewire, frostwire stuff is shut down...all the internet sites arent as reliable...and i cant stand the shit quality of burning off youtube.
lets start a cassette comeback \m/
12:31 PM on 09/18/12
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
I still buy all my music, turkey.
01:18 PM on 09/18/12
Holly HoX!
User Info.
lets start a cassette comeback \m/

Comeback?
01:45 PM on 09/18/12
VanMastaIteHab
User Info.
Like this more than the last, but I really hated the last. This has a few good songs, but nothing sticks out much.
01:55 PM on 09/18/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Like this more than the last, but I really hated the last. This has a few good songs, but nothing sticks out much.
I was enjoying this album until i remembered the song minority
01:59 PM on 09/18/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
Its good. Nothing more, nothing less. Probally wont age well. And Rusty James sounds like Scattered almost exactly sometimes. Hopefully the next two are more memorable. Maybe itll grow on me.
02:28 PM on 09/18/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
It's a pretty fun record. Wasnt expecting them to reinvent the wheel or anything. I tapped my toe, I bobbed my head, I dug the melodies and harmonies. If that's not what a Green Day album is supposed to do, then maybe I missed something. 7.5/10
02:28 PM on 09/18/12
yoursceneisdead
User Info.
I was enjoying this album until i remembered the song minority

how does minority have anything at all to do with their new album?
03:39 PM on 09/18/12
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
how does minority have anything at all to do with their new album?
Minority has NOTHING to do with this album, and that's pretty much the point
03:54 PM on 09/18/12
FNF
You are the only exception <3
User Info.
People who whined about how Green Day should go back to their roots really should shut up now.
04:09 PM on 09/18/12
PopPunkKid
extremely old username
User Info.
Not a fan of the songs that just rely on chords since they've done that way too much throughout their career. I honestly thought they stepped it up a lot with that for American Idiot and 21st Century, and now it seems they've taken a step backwards. I loved some of the guitar solos on the last two albums, and I'm not getting any of that either. But the melodies have been pretty decent as always. I feel like there's a little bit of each album here, it's just not as good as any of them. Low point is Troublemaker, they've played that riff twice before already. High point is Stay the Night.

Totally with you in that I liked when Green Day stepped away from the simple powerchord-reliant songs. Some of their best stuff was on the last two albums, and honestly the things I really dont dig about this album is that there are no ballads and there are no additional instruments to add some variety and texture... its just straight guitar, bass and drums all the way through. I loved stuff like Last Night On Earth and Restless Heart Syndrome. Hell, even if they couldve added a couple acoustically driven songs like Warning or Hold On it would've added some variety.
04:16 PM on 09/18/12
littleredhouse
User Info.
the guitar tracks on this album have been the cleanest they've ever pulled off. the tones and mixing sound really good but the songwriting is so poor. the only song i genuinely liked was sweet 16.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos