Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 69 of 69
04:29 PM on 09/20/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It's not that bad. Considering they've done 3 albums I expected more filler really. It's fun, I enjoyed it after the first listen. It's not a great album but it'll do.
Yea its no new classic but honestly its an album I can get behind because it basically fun and catchy. It really should of been released in the summer though. Would of helped with the appeal. Some songs are stand out and 'as good' as some of their older work.
07:09 AM on 09/26/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
After being apprehensive about this album I can now say having listened to it back to front that it hit the spot.

It is nothing special at all and I doubt it'll stick with me forever but for the here and now I think this is an album that I can gladly put on and just enjoy it for what it is. It gives me the same kind of feeling as Shenanigans in that it is the band at its rawest since Dookie. Just enjoying themselves.

And After puking at Kill The DJ when it was leaked, I can say I really enjoy it now. I first thought it was a mishit of making a pop song but it's actually a well written song.

Excited for Dos now which I've heard should come with the sub title of "Foxboro Hot Tubs album no. II"
07:15 AM on 09/26/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
Compare "Kill The DJ" and like..."Geek Stink Breath". Tell me that they are even remotely alike. Anything post Warning is so far removed from "old" Green Day. AI was at least good in it's own way. As far as "Just stop listening to them if you don't like them." goes, I have, and don't plan on ever listening again unless they change something.

At least I always have Insomniac to go back to.
You have gone out of your way to pick the one song off the album that doesnt sound like an old style song to prove your point.

Your really need to reassess your critical thinking.
10:41 AM on 09/26/12
Ashe
You need a mortician baby
User Info.
You have gone out of your way to pick the one song off the album that doesnt sound like an old style song to prove your point.

Or maybe Green Day needs to reassess their single choosing process. Forgive me all to hell for thinking that Green Days new single is a representation of what their new album sounds like. Crazy, I know.
04:41 PM on 09/26/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.

I think he used that song because Kill The DJ is the least fitting song on Uno. Actually sounds like the guy knew exactly what he was talking about. Green Day normally have at least 1 or 2 songs on their album that just feel out of place.
02:33 AM on 09/27/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I think he used that song because Kill The DJ is the least fitting song on Uno. Actually sounds like the guy knew exactly what he was talking about. Green Day normally have at least 1 or 2 songs on their album that just feel out of place.
It is the least fitting song but I feel as though Ashe used it in response to comments that the album was similar to earlier material. Hence my comment

And your comment only strengthens my initial argument.
08:29 AM on 09/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It is the least fitting song but I feel as though Ashe used it in response to comments that the album was similar to earlier material. Hence my comment

And your comment only strengthens my initial argument.
eh I sorta think the album is more like earlier material than anything on their last 2 albums. I could see the bulk of these songs being released in the 90s if I did not know this was a new album. Just saying.
12:21 PM on 09/28/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
eh I sorta think the album is more like earlier material than anything on their last 2 albums. I could see the bulk of these songs being released in the 90s if I did not know this was a new album. Just saying.
You ned to go back and read the initial comments. I was saying exactly what you have just said
12:32 PM on 09/28/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
You ned to go back and read the initial comments. I was saying exactly what you have just said
I have. This was never an argument but more a sharing of ideas and responses.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos