Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 54
08:18 AM on 09/19/12
Greg
User Info.
Solid jam.

Everyone saying these songs sound like SWIR, please stop. That album was bland and boring for the most part. This song is way better than all of it minus Remembering Sunday.
08:23 AM on 09/19/12
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.
Dear lord, what is up with these terrible lyrics...
08:24 AM on 09/19/12
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
User Info.
Lyrics still not strong, but improved from Dirty Work. I'm liking the song, really catchy but not painfully overproduced. Sounds like a mix of SWIR and Nothing Personal, and while I liked SWIR more than NP and wish they'd also mix in some TPS styles into that, I enjoyed it well enough.

Can see this playing on the radio, for sure. More than I can imagine I Feel Like Dancing, actually.
08:37 AM on 09/19/12
JDubs66
Redesign Me, Redefine Me.
User Info.
I think most of these shows are sold out or close to it though. I think they are just attempting to get back to their roots and regain some of the fans they may have lost over the years. I'm sure they could have played the larger venues if they wanted to. Paramore, when they released brand new eyes, had already been playing bigger venues (like All Time Low) and went back to HOB for one tour just because they felt like playing slightly more intimate shows.
This.
I'm betting the next headliner they play in the U.S. will back in some of the bigger venues, also i bet this album will make them grow even more, even past the pre dirty work high. (that is assuming they lost a little steam after that record, i personally liked the record for the most part, but there were many who didn't)
08:43 AM on 09/19/12
i_am_for_you
I need some variation
User Info.
I like the pre chorus.
08:45 AM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyrics still not strong, but improved from Dirty Work. I'm liking the song, really catchy but not painfully overproduced. Sounds like a mix of SWIR and Nothing Personal, and while I liked SWIR more than NP and wish they'd also mix in some TPS styles into that, I enjoyed it well enough.

Can see this playing on the radio, for sure. More than I can imagine I Feel Like Dancing, actually.
Three years ago maybe, if you've listened to mainstream radio lately, there's pretty much no "rock" music left on it.

Currently, we have Neon Trees, fun., Gotye, and Linkin Park. Linkin Park isn't even getting close to where they used to be. I'm not counting Maroon 5, because there's zero rock left in their music.
08:48 AM on 09/19/12
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Really? Ive only been a fan of the band only since like 2009-2010 so I was unaware of that. You know what year/tour that was? Im pretty sure at least in Cleveland theyve only headlined at our HOB and nothing higher. Even so, theyve definitely gained more popularity over seas and out of the country in general, which Id say is moving in the right direction.

Could you be talking about the Believers Never Die Tour with Fall Out Boy? Because that was more 3k capacity and amphitheathers, but they were supporting Fall Out Boy and Cobra Starship and only played like 6-7 songs so thats not a fair assessment if thats the tour youre speaking of.

Last two shows I've been to we're sold out 3500 capacity room and a big festival they headlined. Their shows decreased in size because of the repetitive sets, decrease in music quality, and now less label backing due to the change again.
08:54 AM on 09/19/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Three years ago maybe, if you've listened to mainstream radio lately, there's pretty much no "rock" music left on it.

Currently, we have Neon Trees, fun., Gotye, and Linkin Park. Linkin Park isn't even getting close to where they used to be. I'm not counting Maroon 5, because there's zero rock left in their music.
Yeah, that fact alone about rock music is somewhat sad. I'm hoping The Killers new record gets some mainstream attention. Even Blink-182 couldnt get a hit single. Sadly, I cant see this making All Time Low any bigger, just gaining back the old fans that wrote them off after Dirty Work.
08:56 AM on 09/19/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
Last two shows I've been to we're sold out 3500 capacity room and a big festival they headlined. Their shows decreased in size because of the repetitive sets, decrease in music quality, and now less label backing due to the change again.
Right when Nothing Personal they could pull off those size venues. When they headined the last Bamboozle fest they could barely fill the amphitheater down here is South FL, and have always played and sold out Revolution which is 1,000 cap venue.
08:59 AM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah, that fact alone about rock music is somewhat sad. I'm hoping The Killers new record gets some mainstream attention. Even Blink-182 couldnt get a hit single. Sadly, I cant see this making All Time Low any bigger, just gaining back the old fans that wrote them off after Dirty Work.
Pretty much. Weightless was their chance to blow up, and for some reason, that just didn't work.
09:39 AM on 09/19/12
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
This song sounds really promising:

Already enjoy this album better than Dirty Work
09:56 AM on 09/19/12
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Pretty much. Weightless was their chance to blow up, and for some reason, that just didn't work.

Label ability. Hopeless isn't a bad label at all, but if 'Nothing Personal' was released on Interscope (and possibly three years before '09), 'Weightless' would have been forced down our throats.
10:20 AM on 09/19/12
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Right when Nothing Personal they could pull off those size venues. When they headined the last Bamboozle fest they could barely fill the amphitheater down here is South FL, and have always played and sold out Revolution which is 1,000 cap venue.

You can't judge ANYTHING off the Bamboozle Roadshow. That tour was an unmitigated disaster and most of the blame falls on John D and the various agents.
10:23 AM on 09/19/12
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Label ability. Hopeless isn't a bad label at all, but if 'Nothing Personal' was released on Interscope (and possibly three years before '09), 'Weightless' would have been forced down our throats.
Figured, didnt want to assume though. Who knows? I just felt they stopped pushing the song too quickly and moved onto Damned If I Do Ya
10:33 AM on 09/19/12
iseejosh
Registered Member
User Info.
You can't judge ANYTHING off the Bamboozle Roadshow. That tour was an unmitigated disaster and most of the blame falls on John D and the various agents.
I would imagine so, I dont see how he could ever think ATL and BLG could fill up 20,000+ venues, even with help from solid support.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos