Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Label Talk With Triple Crown

Posted by: Drew Beringer (09/20/12)
PropertyOfZack has a new "Label Talk" feature this week with the founder of Triple Crown.
From The InterviewTo finish things up, thereís hope of a Deja reissue. Is that possible?
[Laughs] If I donít get ten requests for that in a week, I think something is wrong. Yeah, weíre really close to everyone in Brand New. Iím a fan first, and theyíre all friends of mine. Theyíre very concerned with how this stuff comes out. Itís not something that I just want to ship out. Jesse has a definitive idea of how he wants stuff to look. Aesthetically, if you look at the Your Favor Weapon reissue, it fits in where they started to go with Devil And God and Daisy, aesthetically speaking. There have been conversations. Itís on Brand New time, which I get. Theyíre great records, so itíll be worth the wait. When itís going to come, I donít have the answer.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:35 AM on 09/20/12
demetrios
How It Feels to Be Something On
User Info.
Looking forward to new Bad Books and Moving Mountains. Curious to who they're in talks with for a new signing(s).
12:08 PM on 09/20/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
Your Favor Weapon
12:27 PM on 09/20/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Saw that and fixed it. Sorry!
12:30 PM on 09/20/12
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Deja regularly goes for north of $200 on eBay. They could sell a 2,000 copy press no sweat. At least it sounds like it's in the pipeline.
12:57 PM on 09/20/12
qwerty22
we're pieces on the board
User Info.
Brand New time. Haha.
01:10 PM on 09/20/12
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
I want them to re-press Deja so bad. But with the original artwork.
01:29 PM on 09/20/12
jrtbighurt
[SOMEONEcallANambulance]
User Info.
I want them to re-press Deja so bad. But with the original artwork.
Same here. One of my favorite album art.
01:39 PM on 09/20/12
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
It would be upsetting if the anniversary reissue of Deja were to feature alternate cover art. I get it, but that astronaut is iconic imagery for one of the most influential albums of this scene. Changing it, even for a 10-year pressing, wouldn't be something I or many others would be as open to as YFW.
01:41 PM on 09/20/12
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Tell him to reissue those Safety In Numbers albums.
02:24 PM on 09/20/12
ablueskytragedy
me waka natau
User Info.
Deja regularly goes for north of $200 on eBay. They could sell a 2,000 copy press no sweat. At least it sounds like it's in the pipeline.
Increase in supply means decrease in demand which means decrease in price. A repress won't sell anywhere remotely near $200...probably $50 max, and that's if its a double album. Introductory economics...
02:56 PM on 09/20/12
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
Increase in supply means decrease in demand which means decrease in price. A repress won't sell anywhere remotely near $200...probably $50 max, and that's if its a double album. Introductory economics...
I wasn't suggesting Triple Crown sell it for $200, that's silly. I was stating that if demand is high enough to warrant fetching $200 on eBay, they would undoubtedly be able to sell 2,000 copies at a much more reasonable price.
04:14 PM on 09/20/12
xburningcoffin
User Info.
I'm glad I bought Deja on LP when I did, I wouldn't want to be forced into buying a record with alternate artwork, that's almost going back in time an re-recording an album IMO. The past is the past. I just wish they would spend the time and energy they put into these represses towards a new record!
05:51 PM on 09/20/12
AntiCorporate
Imaginary Enemy
User Info.
Brand New time...so at least a few more years.
I'll still be waiting though.
06:28 PM on 09/20/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I really want it to be a different cover. Cause, well, then mine remains awesome. haha.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests