Username
Password

05:34 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
i'll see you at the movies.
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
With Toronto recently wrapping up and the gears starting to turn for the season, I figured now was as good a time as any for this thread.

I feel like Anne Hathaway probably wins an Oscar this year.
05:41 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
What was Anne Hathaway in this year that is Oscar worthy?
05:48 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
What was Anne Hathaway in this year that is Oscar worthy?
She's in Les Miserables. Just going off the trailer. It's got that kind of feel to it.
05:50 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
She's in Les Miserables. Just going off the trailer. It's got that kind of feel to it.
Ohhh, I had no idea she was in that. I need to check the trailer out.

I'm hoping Argo and Ben Affleck kill it this season.
05:53 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah. Again, all speculation from me, but I think Argo/The Master split picture/director.
05:54 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
Yea...The Master sounds like its a great film. Obviously I have to hold my predictions until I see both.
05:54 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
itsallcalypso
Providence
Male - 29 Years Old
Coming out of Toronto, Argo and Silver Linings Playbook seem like front runners for BP nominations. I"m sure The Master will be in there too, but it probably won't be the type of movie the Academy will have win.
05:57 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
itsallcalypso
Providence
Male - 29 Years Old
We still have Les Mis, Django, Lincoln, Flight, Life of Pi, and now Hitchcock that haven't been seen by anyone yet though.
05:57 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Going to see The Master twice this weekend. It's really cool when a movie comes along that you know you'll be watching multiple times before you even see it. Definitely not enough of that in Hollywood.
06:03 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
Silver Linings Playbook looks good. And I can't wait to see Django.
06:23 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
jawstheme
I'm not here. This isn't happening.
Pennsylvania
Male
Think Beasts of Southern Wild or To the Wonder will make any waves? I have seen neither.
06:27 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
TJ Wells
Portland, OR
Male - 27 Years Old
Think Beasts of Southern Wild or To the Wonder will make any waves? I have seen neither.
I think Beasts will get in for actress and score absolutely. Everything else probably depends on how much steam it picks up along the way. I feel like the better question regarding actress is whether Wallis will WIN, not if she'll be nominated.
06:33 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
itsallcalypso
Providence
Male - 29 Years Old

Beasts has a shot if a good majority of the unseen Oscar hopefuls fail to impress. I know a lot of people are hoping for Picture and Actress nominations for it. To The Wonder got very mixed reactions at Toronto and was booed at Venice I believe, so I doubt it'll get much if anything.
06:45 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
Staff Member
I say this without having even seen it, but Beasts seems like the kind of movie that could just steamroll the competition at the end. I think it definitely gets into Best Picture, and I think it could win. I don't really see anything else that feels like a winner on the horizon, but it's always hard to tell.
07:01 AM on 09/21/12 
User Info.
itsallcalypso
Providence
Male - 29 Years Old
I say this without having even seen it, but Beasts seems like the kind of movie that could just steamroll the competition at the end. I think it definitely gets into Best Picture, and I think it could win. I don't really see anything else that feels like a winner on the horizon, but it's always hard to tell.

I also haven't seen it yet, but I get the feeling it will be more like a Tree of Life situation. It will get the nomination, but will be too polarizing to general audiences to get the win.

From all accounts, Argo and Silver Linings Playbook are great movies as well as crowd pleasers. I think they will have a much better shot at winning with the Academy. And they love their biopics, so Lincoln definately has a shot.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos