Really? So... Tell me... What's your use for a cassette, do you have a cassette player? Or do you just go around calling people, "supreme moron's"... That insult belongs back in time with cassette players.
1. Cassettes are very cost effective. Cheap!
2. They are another physical medium that is better than a digital file. It's something that looks cool, sounds cool and can take up real estate on a merchant table.
3. Many many DIY bands rely on this format now for the two reasons above
4. It's also an aesthetic preference, just like vinyl. Cassettes have their own character and warmth to them, which some people prefer.
5. Entire labels are based off tape releases because there is a large underground audience that loves them. It's a community. Look up Burger Records. The medium has never died, especially in the punk community, which males your comments all the more ironic and moronic.
What's my use for a cassette? Oh idk maybe to listen to it.