AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
09:17 AM on 09/21/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
Thanks for the post! The gold tapes are nearly sold out, so those hoping to secure both colors should consider ordering sooner than later. We also have a preorder bundle option that comes with any other Antique release (your choice).
09:30 AM on 09/21/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
Tapes are awesome. Not too hip to this band, but, yeah, tapes are awesome.
Glad you enjoy! This release is about as long as you can press to tape, and it's chock full of awesome. You can preview the album, as well as our other bands, on the store: http://antiquerecords.storenvy.com/
09:52 AM on 09/21/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
*sophomore album

not their debut
We had this debate the other day, but "Conversation Piece" is considered the debut full length.
09:57 AM on 09/21/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
...Why? Why cassette tapes?! Are people THAT hipster? Who even has a cassette player anymore?!
What makes cassette tapes hipster? It's a format that has seen better days, sure, but I can tell you now that people all over the world in all shapes and sizes still embrace it as part of their daily lives.

Look at the post ALLB made on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ALotLikeBird...69597273062352

People still love and accept this format. Even if most household stereos have done away with tape decks, there will be automobiles with tape decks on the road for years to come. Carry tapes ensures your cds won't be ruined and saves you from having to purchase a tape-converter for your ipod.
10:57 AM on 09/21/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
If the tapes sell well, it's definitely on the table ;)

We have plans to go all (or mostly) vinyl in 2013, but that is all I can say about it right now
12:03 PM on 09/23/12
James Shotwell
User Info.
And it's very cost efficient. My favorite (mostly) tape label:

Moon Glyph
I checked out your label and love the direction. The artwork for everything is pretty fantastic.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS