AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

08:40 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
"IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER,YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE, Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best.

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.
08:54 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
lockedheart
some nights
Brussels, BE
Female
This is so freaking scary. I hope you're joking. How ignorant can you be? Of course there are inherent problems with the current infrastructure of the systems you (or that girl) mentioned, but you're attacking them from an ignorant and graceless standpoint. I'd urge you to check the facts behind welfare before you go smashing to bits the interests of real, living, breathing human beings. Your demands call for Orwellian-like structures to be implemented. Oh, sterilizing people? Didn't the Nazis do that? Denying people the right to vote on any basis is extremely unconstitutional. Good luck getting Congress behind that one, I don't care if it's R, D, or bipartisan. These statements have some serious issues. You facetiously assert that there are just jobs floating out there for people to get, and that everyone who doesn't have one is a lazy handout-seeker.
09:13 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
paper halo
we're just a million little gods
Lincoln, UK
Male
Hey look everyone, ghsNICK! posted something mind-numbingly fucking stupid in an attempt to be controversial!

Snore.
09:35 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
thursday727
IT'S BO TIME
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Hey look everyone, ghsNICK! posted something mind-numbingly fucking stupid in an attempt to be controversial!

Snore.
This is actually a common viewpoint in america. I agree with some of this and so would a majority of my friends and my parents.
My roommate works at a convenience store and complains to me all the time about people using their food stamps to buy junk food.

Do not agree with the not being allowed to vote thing or the eugenics part though that's fucking crazy.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...175456_n. jpg
10:04 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
Yes let us blame poor people and ignore corporare/elite welfare. This woman and the OP are fools.
10:08 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
My roommate works at a convenience store and complains to me all the time about people using their food stamps to buy junk food.
Junk food is cheap. Want to make food cheaper, then address the subsidies to agro-business. Or I guess we can continue blaming the victims of poverty and invoking Reagan's mythical welfare queen.
10:25 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
thursday727
IT'S BO TIME
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
i'm not blaming poor people most of them don't want to be on welfare or get ebt cards and work hard to get out of that situation , but if there is going to be welfare there should be safeguards against people taking advantage of it and using tax payer money to buy shit they don't need , and if you don't believe that people do take advantage of it you are a fool.
All of that goes for corporate welfare as well.

Bread ,Milk , Cheese,lunch meat ect are pretty cheap , and a gallon of water is a hell of alot cheaper than a 2 liter of soda.
10:49 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
Pembroke Pines, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
Eugenics? Surprise home invasions? Revoking the right to vote? You must really hate poor people if you're willing to subject them to such awful things. Who is going to pay the wages of the doctors who perform the eugenic operations? Who is going to pay for the drug tests? Who is going to pay the wages of the people who perform the surprise inspections? People who pay taxes lol. It seems cheaper to let one or two bad apples do their thing then it is to safeguard against all possible abuse of the system. I have a lot of trouble believing that every single poor person does drugs anyway.
11:43 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
_veges_
The idea that people actually feel this way scares me.
11:58 AM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
Connecticut
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
"Don't let the government help you but let the government control every aspect of your life" - OP
12:32 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
cabezadewebo
Brooklyn
Male - 23 Years Old
"IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER,YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

WRITTEN BY A 21 YEAR OLD FEMALE, Wow, this girl has a great plan! Love the last thing she would do the best.

This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes, that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Fuck you, you unamerican piece of shit.
12:38 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
THREADS! by NICK! are always good for a laugh.
03:14 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Love As Arson
Resident Marxist
The Motherland
Male - 29 Years Old
i'm not blaming poor people most of them don't want to be on welfare or get ebt cards and work hard to get out of that situation , but if there is going to be welfare there should be safeguards against people taking advantage of it and using tax payer money to buy shit they don't need , and if you don't believe that people do take advantage of it you are a fool.
All of that goes for corporate welfare as well.

Bread ,Milk , Cheese,lunch meat ect are pretty cheap , and a gallon of water is a hell of alot cheaper than a 2 liter of soda.
You do not get a lot of money on welfare, so one has to make decisions.
03:19 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Love the insinuation that all people on welfare have 22" rims & shit out kids with such Irish fury that we have to tie their tubes.
04:18 PM on 09/23/12 
User Info.
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
Ontario
Male - 21 Years Old
good topic of discussion but completely wrong way of going about it

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music