Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
02:01 PM on 09/24/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
It has some songs I like but it is the first muse album where I can't get into every song. People hated The Resistance because it was more toned down but I sorta loved it for that as it added in a lot of different elements. I guess one could say this album does the same but I personally don't think all of these songs sound great. Its definitely a muse album and maybe I will like it more later but atm I think its their weakest yet. Will give it more listens when in the mood but am glad to say its not gonna be my least favorite album of the year (already have that picked and this is not worse). Muse are something else but even my least favorite songs do sound a bit better in the context of the album but I wouldn't say it lives up to my favorites from their older album or This Resistance for that matter.
06:11 PM on 09/24/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Liking it more on the second listen. Still think The Resistance was better but am starting to see the similarity between the two albums. Supremacy is something that sorta has older muse elements. Its definitely not gonna top Absolution or Origin of Symmetry...or This Resistance for that matter. Its about on par with Black Holes and Revelations which is a lot better than I expected. Still think Madness sounds out of place and silly.

I know a lot of people hated The Resistance but it arguably flowed a lot better than The 2nd Law. The 2nd Law does have a lot more guitar and unique song structures though. I have always loved story telling and that is why The Resistance never disappointed me. It reminded me of a more tuned down Absolution with added elements. This album technically does not disappoint me cause my expectations were rather low. It is a good album but its flow is a lot weaker than any Muse album and I can't be the only one that thinks that but I digress. Glad this album was better than expected and a lot of these songs sound like they would sound great live or make for good study music.
04:45 AM on 09/25/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
lol I guess I will be the only person who liked The Resistance more than this album while still liking The 2nd Law. I think the 2nd Law has good songs but weird flow and does not tell its concept well.
02:38 PM on 09/25/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I really liked th resistance besides the symphony's at the end
I honestly think that was the best part of the album. It closed the album and the story behind it in a very well done way. It took over 40 musicians and really had an elegant sound. It was unlike anything they had done before but I thought it was easily a standout. I ended up getting the LP and that is my favorite part to hear. The 2nd Law's final 2 part song just does not stand out as massive or elegant like Exogenesis when comparing those two albums.
07:42 AM on 09/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This review is my exact thoughts on this album as well. It has good songs but no direction or flow. Its a good album but unlike previous muse albums really feels too disjointed. For a concept album it really does not present its concept till the very end.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums