Username
Password
Muse News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54.
06:11 PM on 09/24/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Liking it more on the second listen. Still think The Resistance was better but am starting to see the similarity between the two albums. Supremacy is something that sorta has older muse elements. Its definitely not gonna top Absolution or Origin of Symmetry...or This Resistance for that matter. Its about on par with Black Holes and Revelations which is a lot better than I expected. Still think Madness sounds out of place and silly.

I know a lot of people hated The Resistance but it arguably flowed a lot better than The 2nd Law. The 2nd Law does have a lot more guitar and unique song structures though. I have always loved story telling and that is why The Resistance never disappointed me. It reminded me of a more tuned down Absolution with added elements. This album technically does not disappoint me cause my expectations were rather low. It is a good album but its flow is a lot weaker than any Muse album and I can't be the only one that thinks that but I digress. Glad this album was better than expected and a lot of these songs sound like they would sound great live or make for good study music.
06:31 PM on 09/24/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Will listen on the L when this comes out tomorrow
07:14 PM on 09/24/12
Thisisgoodbye
User Info.
Finally figured out whats going on. The album will stream in the United States starting at midnight.
07:20 PM on 09/24/12
Beatzero
User Info.
Finally figured out whats going on. The album will stream in the United States starting at midnight.
Is that what it is? I was wondering why I just kept getting redirected to iTunes.

Regardless, what a horrible time to start streaming a huge album.
08:18 PM on 09/24/12
Ismael182
I'd love to turn you on
User Info.
Ahhh that makes sense, since it's Tuesday and album streams go up a week before the cd comes out.
08:42 PM on 09/24/12
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Hoping I like this more than The Resistance. But I actually enjoy "Madness".
08:54 PM on 09/24/12
whoaisame
User Info.
Save Me is so sick, good for Chris
He battled alcoholism in the last couple years, and Matt said this album was about relationships, etc, so this song is so much better knowing all that information.
09:02 PM on 09/24/12
jasonmeowz
Infinitycat
User Info.
it has some shit, but it has some good stuff, pretty much like the resistance but better.
09:07 PM on 09/24/12
Beatzero
User Info.
The first track sounds like kashmir
10:07 PM on 09/24/12
midkay
i've found a new way
User Info.
it has some shit, but it has some good stuff, pretty much like the resistance but better.
Solid analysis.

First two tracks start the album off really strong.. I wish it stayed that in-your-face and defiant of expectations throughout. To be fair, there is a lot of diversity in the sounds and styles on this album, and a whole lot of it works better than The Resistance. My modest expectations were certainly met, it just isn't *quite* as strong throughout as I was hoping, deep down..

If they had cut the album's 13 tracks it down to maybe the 10 best ones (possibly drop Panic Station and Save Me, and merge the two 2nd Law tracks into one great closer) I think it would have been a really wise move and turned this into a thoroughly great record.
10:17 PM on 09/24/12
Beatzero
User Info.
Just finished my first listen through. I have no doubt that it will grow on me, but there was nothing on it that made me think "holy crap this is amazing," which is the first time that this hasn't happened since any of their albums.

To me it sounded like they could have gone in two directions for this album - either a quieter, minimalistic incorporation of subtle electronic elements, or a heavier direction that relied on distorted guitars fighting with loud synths and effects. They obviously went with the first option, and I definitely think they really could have pushed boundaries had they continued going in a heavier electronic direction. Not to say the album is terrible- there isn't a bad track that I've heard. It's just not as great as any of their previous material. On another note, Chris' vocals sound amazing! I knew he could sing well with the harmonies he does, but his lead vocals sound great.

Oh, and what was that about the whole album being dubstep again? haha

....although I really would have wanted to hear a "rock-step" album
11:04 PM on 09/24/12
jasonmeowz
Infinitycat
User Info.
Solid analysis.

First two tracks start the album off really strong.. I wish it stayed that in-your-face and defiant of expectations throughout. To be fair, there is a lot of diversity in the sounds and styles on this album, and a whole lot of it works better than The Resistance. My modest expectations were certainly met, it just isn't *quite* as strong throughout as I was hoping, deep down..

If they had cut the album's 13 tracks it down to maybe the 10 best ones (possibly drop Panic Station and Save Me, and merge the two 2nd Law tracks into one great closer) I think it would have been a really wise move and turned this into a thoroughly great record.
i actually like panic station it is stupid and silly but it's similar to hyper music and it makes it okay by me, and as for save me, it actually really like it.
12:00 AM on 09/25/12
theintention
It's like Meow-Schwitz in here.
User Info.
wrong, Absolution posts back in 2004 never got close to 100 replies, Blackholes rarely got 100 replies, but the last two news cycles for their last two albums have garnered a lot of replies. The majority of news posts revolving around this album are getting anywhere between 30-100 replies.
YEEEEEAH science, bitch!
12:25 AM on 09/25/12
midkay
i've found a new way
User Info.
i actually like panic station it is stupid and silly but it's similar to hyper music and it makes it okay by me, and as for save me, it actually really like it.

Yeah actually I was wrong about Panic Station, it's actually good and has a lot of character. That puts it well above the couple songs that I just find kinda boring, one of which is still Save Me.

This is why I don't usually try to draw judgement on music upon the first listen, haha. Sirry me.
04:45 AM on 09/25/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
lol I guess I will be the only person who liked The Resistance more than this album while still liking The 2nd Law. I think the 2nd Law has good songs but weird flow and does not tell its concept well.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums