AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Myspace News - Page 7
Displaying posts 90 - 105 of 116.
04:33 AM on 09/25/12
NewAgeofHorus
User Info.
I am too lazy to convert to a new social network. If I go back to MySpace ill feel like I'm a freshman again.
06:05 AM on 09/25/12
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
I am interested in this solely for the music aspect. As noted by others, they once had an awesome feature for hearing and really discovering new artists. Purevolume was also good back then, but I have not been a huge fan recently of their search features. Facebook, to me has always been a bit clunky with their music aspect of things. But I don't think Facebook ever saught to be a leader on that front. The search function is about worthless. I like soundcloud, bandcamp, and some of the other avenues, but I like them more for what I already know about not necessarily searching for new artists unless it's directly linked to me. I would love to find bands on the ground level again by searching a database like Myspace once had.
06:36 AM on 09/25/12
the_boxer
User Info.
i don't know about this.
if they do focus mainly on music i might create an account to see what it's like
(I'm really hoping it's not just full of top 40 advertisements and promotions for albums i don't care about)
I'd really like to be hopeful about this but for the time being I'll remain skeptical.
06:46 AM on 09/25/12
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
User Info.
I'll give this a try. Looks great for bands.

I've noticed a lot of other people saying "might as well try it out and make a profile" too. If everyone thinks that way, it will definitely make a comeback.
07:04 AM on 09/25/12
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
To be honest, all it takes is a few people to go back on it and start using it then word of mouth and BAM!, ive seen the screenshoot of it and if it improves in ways that it sorely lacked it has potential to be SORTA the social media it once was.
07:12 AM on 09/25/12
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
Looks really nice, but who honestly will go back. How many people are actively using Google+?
07:19 AM on 09/25/12
LGFUAD21
User Info.
I think this looks insane. Providing it works. On paper it does look like the ultimate social network. Unfortunately it is definitely too late.
09:36 AM on 09/25/12
mattregan
www.twitter.com/vipregan
User Info.
I'm for anything that gets my old account deleted. I can't do it myself, because I don't have the login info anymore!
10:00 AM on 09/25/12
dearmsterri
User Info.
It's cool, but I'm done with Myspace.
10:13 AM on 09/25/12
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
So wait, is the song playing on the website mean that each profile gets its own song if you choose to put one? Cause that'd be sweet, it was my favorite thing on myspace that people can go to my page and hear a song for maybe the first time and be like, "Hey..this is pretty good."

i think so, i used to discover so many bands like that back in 2007/2008
10:59 AM on 09/25/12
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.
FINALLLLLLY everyone will know what my favorite song is at any moment in time[again]!
12:03 PM on 09/25/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Timberlake should have invested in something else, or changed the name. I mean as a whole even facebooks popularity is declining.
12:16 PM on 09/25/12
satanisanerd
User Info.
There problem has always been the influx of SPAM that is connected to Myspace. If they fix that and invent a time machine, it might be worth it ;)
12:38 PM on 09/25/12
TomFoolery
one time I went to the superbowl
User Info.
soo when does this launch?
01:09 PM on 09/25/12
kkman99
emo is a gang
User Info.
I hope it comes back. Facebook is "popular" but MySpace is so much cooler, especially for music.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests