AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Fathoms - 09.24.12

Fathoms - 09.24.12

Interviewed by
Fathoms - 09.24.12The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Fathoms

http://www.facebook.com/fathomsuk

1. How did you get your band name?

Well we were all sat down and wrote about two pages of potential names and "Fathoms" was the best one we came up with as we all live right next to the sea!

2. How did this band get started?

I had always wanted to start a band so I found a few people online to start one with. While I was doing some demo recording with them I was looking for a drummer and found my old friend Lui who I used to play inline hockey with back when we we're kids. He was friends with Max so he brought him along. The guys I started the band out with all disappeared and we found the rest of our members at the time online but we have had a few line up changes since then!

3. What bands are you influenced by?

All of the band have a wide range influences, me and Dan are big fan of acts like The Ghost Inside, Northlane, While She Sleeps, Climates. Lui is into the more technical side of things like Volumes, Vail of Mayer and Structures, Tom likes his southern hardcore and Max loves his Hip-hop!

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?

Personally I would love to tour with The Ghost Inside or Parkway Drive just because there are two of my all times favourite bands. I can't answer for everyone else but we are happy to tour with anyone! We just love being on the road!

5. Best food to eat on tour?

Any food we can get! If we're lucky enough to get food from the promoters we will eat whatever they give us but in other situations we will resort too cooking some pasta from a cheap supermarket by the side of the road! Live cheap!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We feel that we have a really good mix between US and UK hardcore or whatever you want to call it and put a lot of energy into our live show! We also really drive our band as hard as possible and are really appreciative of anyone who takes the time to have a listen!

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?

Usain Bolt, who wouldn't want to be the fastest man in the world and party with a load of Swedish girls?

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Far too many people, we wouldn't be able to go though them all without the music turning on to tell us to get off the stage! But most of all our fans or people that have taken the time to even listen to us and given us a chance! Thank You!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

Really hard question! I guess I would change it in someway to make it easier for bands to survive on tour. At the moment us and many other bands don't break anywhere near even on tour. Everything costs tones of money (for example, Van, Van insurance, Fuel, Booking fee's, Management fee's, Merch fee's, the list goes on and on) and we just about get enough from each show to get us to the next location! This is why merchandise is so important so thank you to everyone who has brought something off us, it helps out immensely!

10. Memorable tour experience?

I think the best tour moment we have had is when we had a day off in southern Germany, near the Austrian border. Us and our pals in Napoleon (Check them out, groovy tunes!) parked our vans up in the most beautiful lake over looking the alps and made a campsite with a campfire! We made some lush pasta with meat and sauce thing and then when into the night drinking!

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

AP.net is a great place for band interviews and news! I use it a lot the time to check out whats going on! Keep it up!

12. What is your favorite song to play?

Personally November December, lots of moments for the crowd to bounce with us! Also my favourite song off our new record!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?

Vacation? We can't afford to go on Vacation! But somewhere where the surf is pumping!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?

Blink-182 hands down! The first five songs I learnt on guitar were blink songs.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?

X-ray vision? Who wouldn't?

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?

Nothing really that special to call it a ritual. I know I always try to have two pints of beer and a energy drink before I go on and always stretch! Haha.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?

I'm half Swedish? Also everyone in Fathoms are massive Robson Green fans! Haha.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?

I don't listen to much radio myself but at the moment I don't think theres many places for music like ours in radio. The only shows I know of that play heavy music is the Kerrang unsigned show!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?

As for myself I don't really do anything but band work in my spare time! Other than that we all get together to write or drink up and most of the band have girlfriends which they spend time with when we're not on tour!

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?

Well the only one I can think of at the top of my head right now is surfing. Me and Lui sometimes go on surfing trips down in Cornwall! Like I said I can only answer this for myself!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests