Username
Password
Contest News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 50.
04:39 PM on 09/26/12
poopsack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Strokes at Madison Square Garden last April. Elvis Costello even came onstage!
04:42 PM on 09/26/12
alehtse
User Info.
Metallica (Caracas- World Magnetic Tour 12/03/10) !!! It was AWESOME! When the concert ended I still couldn't believe I was actually there. one of the best days of my life.
04:48 PM on 09/26/12
Dost0evsky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Smithereens. Not a bad first show but I wish it had been the prefix of that name.
05:18 PM on 09/26/12
pong lenis
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first concert was The Stereophonics in Morfa Stadium, 1999. The best thing about it was the support acts! Gay Dad!! AB/CD (ACDC cover band) and Reef, of 'oh place you haaaaaaaaaaaaands fame'! Amazing.
05:48 PM on 09/26/12
Smargo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I went to an Earth, Wind & Fire and Chicago concert in Dallas when I was 12. My friends and I were definitely the youngest people there. And yes, we did see someone riding a Rascal scooter.
06:03 PM on 09/26/12
errolflynnisgod
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
June 1972, The Rolling Stones at the San Diego Sports Arena (yeah, I know I'm a fuckin' weezing old geezer) was my first. I was 16 but didn't have a driving license yet. Nobody I knew was going so I had to catch a ride with my mom, made her drop me off a 1/2 mile away. Fantastic show, after 1000's of shows since, it still ranks in the top 2 or 3. Dear old mum picked me up, asked if there had been any trouble. Nope everything was great. Picked up the newspaper the next day and found out there had been a riot in the parking lot complete with rock throwing,burning cars,baton swinging cops, and multiple arrests. Caught the Stones but completely missed the riot.
06:29 PM on 09/26/12
klnwmn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Brian Wilson at the Hollywood Bowl on 9/6/05

This is what got me into seeing live music.
06:40 PM on 09/26/12
FaithDidXander
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first concert was the Olivia Newton-John "Lets Get Physical" tour. Yeah. I saved up for three months killing gophers around the neighborhood to buy the tickets for me and my dad.
08:15 PM on 09/26/12
LauraWhoknows
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The first concert I ever went to was in 2007, an italian rock-band called Verdena.
09:41 PM on 09/26/12
terry nelson
terry nelson
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the first show i ever saw was the beatles at the international amphitheater in chicago august of 1964. i never again witnessed anything that compares or was even close to it. it was totally off the chart. stage monitors hadn't even been invented yet, they couldn't hear anything at all on stage, but still managed to play well together, harmonies and all. it was an experience that i feel very lucky to have had. i went on to see them 4 more times 2 shows in 1965 at comiskey park and 2 shows back at the amphitheater in 1966. those shows were fantastic as well, but the ist one had such an incredible buzz of excitement that, well you'd have had to be there to understand.
11:59 PM on 09/26/12
krashkow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Doocie Brothers with my dad back in the early 90's, because my dad was cool.
03:57 AM on 09/27/12
MANUINBLACK
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
July 27 1980 at the Lyceum.The Stranglers with Hazel O'Connor as support....sweaty and very.....very lively and then missed last train......brilliant night and the unbelievable thing is that I can still go to Stranglers gigs 32 years later....
12:12 PM on 09/27/12
Izzy2011
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My first concert was blink-182 back in 2009 in San Diego, California. It was their hometown show of their reunion tour. I had just gotten my drivers license and I knew that if any concert was going to be my first, I would want my first to go to some hometown heroes. I could only afford the second to last section of the Cricket Wireless Amphitheater but even from back there it was a show to remember. A show that powered through all the hits, "All The Small Things" to "Carousel". I remember seeing someone try to hug/tackle Tom during one of the songs but narrowly missed him, only to have the fog/smoke machine go into overdrive to conceal the event continue the flow of the show. The epic drum solo where Travis was suspended into the air being rotated 360 degrees with his drum set while he power-housed through his solo was the most extreme thing I have ever seen to this date. Ill never forget that night
01:28 PM on 09/27/12
mckenzie_bates
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I consider my first gig to be when I saw Arctic Monkeys a few years back because that's the first gig that really affected me.
I had to drive four hours to see them and I had class the next morning so I almost didn't go but I can't even imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't. It was one of the last shows on their Humbug tour and it was fucking brilliant. I was right up front and Alex threw his guitar off stage at the end. They must have gotten pissed before coming out because they were going fucking mental but it was really amazing. After that night I got into the forums online and have met some of the most amazing people through that. I have a group of friends that I meet up with whenever the Monkeys are playing near by. We all get on and have a rate time together. I also saw The Vaccines for the first time when they opened for them at a later gig.
I don't know it's really amazing. A lot of brilliant things came from that night. They've been my favourite since and I don't know that you get a lot of chances to fall in love with something like that.
07:03 PM on 09/27/12
Deartragedy88
User Info.
My first real concert was Everclear, Staind, Saliva, Revis, and Evanescence in May of 2003. I was 14 and bought the tickets with part of my first and second checks. I bought 4 tickets. It wasn't the best show in the world, but I didn't care. I earned those tickets and I was with people that I genuinely enjoyed being around.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS