AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Green Day News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Green Day "Uno!" Vinyl Exclusive at Hot Topic

Posted by - 10:11 AM on 09/27/12
Hot Topic has the new Green Day album, Uno!, on exclusive pink vinyl, limited to 1500 copies.

Submitted by HTtravis

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:12 AM on 09/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
Not even a cool vinyl variant could make me like this album.
10:13 AM on 09/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
This just came in for me today so they ship fast. Thought I would hate this album at first but despite odd single choices the album is pretty decent. Not a great classic but a good fun album. Also very cool variant.
10:28 AM on 09/27/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
As if the color scheme for these albums couldn't be anymore atrocious. I still enjoy the music nonetheless.
11:01 AM on 09/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
As if the color scheme for these albums couldn't be anymore atrocious. I still enjoy the music nonetheless.
actually think it is sorta symbolic of how they are goofing around again and not taking themselves too seriously. One could see it as ugly but I honestly find it as a breath of fresh air to see them not be all story driven and serious. The LP matches the cover well so I am glad to of picked it up for sure.
11:13 AM on 09/27/12
Nimrod95
without title since 1769
User Info.
This just came in for me today so they ship fast. Thought I would hate this album at first but despite odd single choices the album is pretty decent. Not a great classic but a good fun album. Also very cool variant.
totally agree, the single choise was really weird in my opinion, just like in The Offspring's Day go By.

Haha, when I got my vinyl and saw it was black I also thought pink would be an awesome colour for that album. Anyways, I can't afford anough to buy a second vinyl :P
11:22 AM on 09/27/12
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Definitely a fun little album but coming from 21st Century and especially American Idiot, it really feels like regression.

Dos seems to be looking better.
11:39 AM on 09/27/12
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
If you don't mind me asking, what is it that you dislike about this album? And as a follow up question how did you feel about their last two offerings?
12:24 PM on 09/27/12
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
actually think it is sorta symbolic of how they are goofing around again and not taking themselves too seriously. One could see it as ugly but I honestly find it as a breath of fresh air to see them not be all story driven and serious. The LP matches the cover well so I am glad to of picked it up for sure.
Now that you say that, I can see that. I'm stoked to hear more.
02:32 PM on 09/27/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
Aw come on. It's not that bad!
02:33 PM on 09/27/12
DrewsMannequin
User Info.
oh give me a break. is it too uncool to like new Green Day? is it not punk-rock?
03:02 PM on 09/27/12
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Now that you say that, I can see that. I'm stoked to hear more.
I think what this band needed more than anything was to stop trying to change the game and have fun with music again. Uno is far from perfect but it is a perfect example of Green Day just jamming and not trying to take over the world with big hits again. This Trilogy seems like it is Green Day having fun. Honestly my personal favorite Green Day album is Insomniac and I don't think Uno is really even close to scratching my favorite it is great to own since it is exactly what Green Day needed.

Btw Insomniac is being repressed on purple at Hot Topic (ltd. 1500) near the end of October.
03:57 PM on 09/27/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
oh give me a break. is it too uncool to like new Green Day? is it not punk-rock?
No, the album is just not very good.
07:44 PM on 09/27/12
TheUpside
It All Feels Like an Ending
User Info.
I can't even listen to 21st Century Breakdown. It feels like they were trying too hard and not having fun. Uno feels like the opposite, and although there are a couple songs I would consider to be a bit on the lazy side, its such a fun, breath of fresh air kind of album from Green Day. Stay the Night could have been on Warning, a handful of others could have fit in on Nimrod, it just brings back a vibe I've missed about their music for the last ten years. I am a very happy camper. It's a bummer a lot of you guys don't like it, but whatevs.
09:28 PM on 09/27/12
antiradio
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

this album is the best thing they've done since warning. its unfortunate most people only know them in the 2000's. i have to laugh on greendayauthority they have fan of the week. the only one's i've seen so far they ask "how long have you been a fan?" not one answered before 2004.
anyway my point is i expected a different answer from you. you of all people i thought would enjoy this album as a whole. goes to show everyone has opinions and you can never predict what someone else will enjoy

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos