AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
General Announcement News - Page 6
Displaying posts 75 - 86 of 86.
06:25 PM on 09/28/12
ChaseTx
Someone in hear say that A Lot Like Birds is a DGD knock off? Just, no.
I ignored it, didn't want dumb ideas to derail good news
07:17 PM on 09/28/12
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
User Info.
I ignored it, didn't want dumb ideas to derail good news

True true
12:11 AM on 09/29/12
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
pumped!
06:41 PM on 09/29/12
joeycYDG
Your rational mind's insane
User Info.
Very interested in this.
10:01 AM on 10/03/12
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
Although I love Jon Mess, I'm glad he's not a part of this band. I'm getting to the age now where dual vocalists are overdone and not cool anymore. Just Matt will be perfection.
I definetly get what your saying, but i just enjoy Jon Mess. The fact that your saying dual vocalist isn't cool anymore isn't cool. Dual vocals add layers to certain songs, if used correctly it comes out sweert if abused and misused its gonna suck.
I.E Adam Lazzara and John Nolan, Jon Mess and pretty much anyone. HA
10:09 AM on 10/03/12
ChaseTx
Well see, there's no reason for Jon to join, at all. Matt's an excellent screamer, and Will is also probably going to be doing some screaming. If they added Mess, this would pretty much just be DGD -- according to Zac the sound they're working with is similar to the last two DGD albums. Also, Zac has said before that Mess doesn't like him, and was part of the reason he was kicked out of DGD in the first place. On top of all that, we still have Secret Band and DGD.
11:21 PM on 10/03/12
gaszy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Needs more Jon Mess might be an acceptable statement though.
"Needs more Jon mess" could not be more right I'd love some Mess and Matt mix
07:08 PM on 10/04/12
likedyingy0ung
your new charmer
User Info.
"Needs more Jon mess" could not be more right I'd love some Mess and Matt mix
Hell fucking yes. Rock Solid will always be my favourite DGD track. Will on guitar with Matt singing is so godly in it's own right, but as solid as Will's screams are, nothing beats Jon Mess going crazy into the mic. Seems like this is going to be a mostly clean vocals project though, which is chill anyways. Definitely going to be a interesting release. Hoping for some demos asap.
01:51 AM on 10/08/12
zachary
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Hell fucking yes. Rock Solid will always be my favourite DGD track. Will on guitar with Matt singing is so godly in it's own right, but as solid as Will's screams are, nothing beats Jon Mess going crazy into the mic. Seems like this is going to be a mostly clean vocals project though, which is chill anyways. Definitely going to be a interesting release. Hoping for some demos asap.
so far, no screaming. i dig that, personally. im not big on screaming unless there is a reason to be screaming. its done very badly these days, in my opinion. thankfully both the dude from refused and the dude from converge both got it still.

i dont have a problem with jon mess. holding a grudge against anyone is silly. nothing better than moving on.

cant wait til you guys get to hear this music.
01:05 AM on 10/15/12
heischris
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it kinda sounds like a natural progression/maturing from DGDs last two albums but with a twist of new members own flavors, but we definitely dont sound like ALLB. theres no screaming. id describe the sound as really chill... but not without energy :)

Looking forward to it, though I personally loved everything DGD UNTIL happiness and DTBM2, which I disliked both. Happiness mostly cause I dont like Kurt's voice on it. Huge Lower D fan though, so Im definitely interested to see how this will sound.
12:04 PM on 10/24/12
mrfartnsniff
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
so far, no screaming. i dig that, personally. im not big on screaming unless there is a reason to be screaming. its done very badly these days, in my opinion. thankfully both the dude from refused and the dude from converge both got it still.

i dont have a problem with jon mess. holding a grudge against anyone is silly. nothing better than moving on.

cant wait til you guys get to hear this music.
*mathematical*. I agree with the screaming, like it and all, but when the songs sound great with out it, they beat most songs with screams. At least in that style of music. Matt G has a good scream I think, but "Lost Arts" would have sounded as good or better with just his good ol singing voice.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests